Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

We're in the market for a pre-owned GL450 and I've heard enough stories (fires, tranny issues, etc) to make us hesitant to pull the trigger but we keep coming back to the fact that this is the classiest vehicle on the market in this category.

Wondering if anyone has any insight on years to avoid. I'm ruling out 2007, because of the typical first year kinks that are expected. Other than that, I'd appreciate feedback.

Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
2007 GL 450, 2001 ML430 (traded-in), 2003 BMW 325i
22 Posts
I read somewhere on this (or the other forum) what supercharged said. Then again, due to the fact I bought an 07, I could be bias.

I recently had the "it won't shift gears" syndrom and am hoping it's not the valve body issue...:(

·
Registered
10 c63, 06 s65
292 Posts
We just bought an 07 GL450 great car, but like any other used car its expected to have problems. Within a month, the tailgate got stuck and they had to replace the latch and motor. Luckily, we bought it from a mercedes dealership and it was certified preowned along with a 3 year warranty so they did it all at no cost to me ( i believe it was around $700). I think paying a little extra for a certified preowned car is worth it, and if you can get an extended warranty thats even better.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts