Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know if the body panels, bumpers side skirts etc will fit from the earlier production cars (before 99) and the later production cars (post 99). Here is my plan, I have a 93 SL500 with AMG body kit and wheels and I want to buy a newer 1999 or later vehicle with the 113 engine and swap over the mark 1 body kit. After that I want to install a 113 supercharged motor out of a AMG 55 sedan, making one of the baddest and easiest to maintain 500HP/500lb/ft of torque R129's on the road:eek

Attachments

·
Registered
65 Posts
Nice car!
Bumper & sideskirts mountings are almost the same on pre-1994 & post-1994 cars. 'Almost' - because on pre-1994 cars rear bumper is attached by 4 bolts while post-1994 cars have only 2 bolts in stock AFAIK. Nevertheless all cars have 4 bolting holes in rear bumper bar on the body so no problems for swapping.

One point to be mentioned for such retrofit is that newer cars have slightly different hardtop design (more curved lines) which can discord with brutal angular AMG Mk.I body kit.

·
Registered
242 Posts
Man is that one great looking car. I cant wait until I can install my new springs and shocks

·
Registered
215 Posts
Does anyone know if the body panels, bumpers side skirts etc will fit from the earlier production cars (before 99) and the later production cars (post 99). Here is my plan, I have a 93 SL500 with AMG body kit and wheels and I want to buy a newer 1999 or later vehicle with the 113 engine and swap over the mark 1 body kit. After that I want to install a 113 supercharged motor out of a AMG 55 sedan, making one of the baddest and easiest to maintain 500HP/500lb/ft of torque R129's on the road:eek
lol, a dreamer....

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Cant stand bonehead comments like the last one, guy firmly wedges his foot in his cake hole when he doesnt know who he is talking to or about. Thanks to the rest of you for your helpful information, that is all I was seeking.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #10 (Edited)
Why do you think i want to purchase a post 99 car? 113 already installed? Obviously your reading comprehension is not very strong, did you graduate high school? Hope I didn't use too many syllables for you, good luck with your reading skills in the future, as I previously said "guy firmly wedges foot in cake hole again"

·
Registered
1,128 Posts
Can't we all get along? I'm sure he was kidding. If you have the capability and the resources, go for it! The comment about the roof is incorrect, as far as I know. The difference wasn't in the tops themselves, but in the weatherstrips. The tops are all the same. I would love to see you turn it into an AMG55. Hopefully, you have access to a donor vehicle. It will save you plenty of time doing the swap. I wish there was an option like that for the M119. Supercharging or turbocharging it is cost prohibitive.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I can get along with anybody, but when someone slags you online it upsets me a little. Looks like an admin came in and deleted a couple of Pete's dumber comments. Anyways-------Has anyone done this conversion on this side of the pond? I know there is one in Greece, can't remember his name off the top of my head but he is a member here, not hard to find a donor, could be hard to find one close to me, I know there is an E class and an S class in Seattle that would be suitable, but I am not in the market for a donor until I get a post 99 car and swap over the body kit. Would really like to get an E55 due to the fact I also own a 98 E300 4matic (my winter car), I would swap over all the interior parts into my E300, the AMG interior is beautiful in those things. My biggest problem rite now is garage space, I will have to mooch some storage/garage space from one of my friends/relatives while I swap the body panels then sell my original car. Dismantling the donor could be another story all together but I am sure I can get it done

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
About this Discussion
11 Replies
6 Participants
E34M5
Mercedes-Benz Forum
BenzWorld.org forum is one of the largest Mercedes-Benz owner websites offering the most comprehensive collection of Mercedes-Benz information anywhere in the world. The site includes MB Forums, News, Galleries, Publications, Classifieds, Events and much more!
Full Forum Listing