Mercedes-Benz Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
00 SL500 SOLD, 05 SL600 Sport, 09 Silverado 4x4 LTZ,SOLD '15Silverado LTZ 6.2 8Speed John Deere 318
1,781 Posts
OK, I'll be the first to stick My neck out and say GOOD!!!!!!!!!!! LET THE HATE MAIL START!!!! One would think that being from the WONDERFUL state of Maine, That I might be a little MORE " laid back". BULLSHIT!!!!!!!! I am DAMN SICK and TIRED of people doing wrong and getting away with it because the Police or the Courts are to BUSY!!!!! What this "LITTLE PRICK" did was WRONG!!!! If you had been a victim, like I have,TWICE!!!!! You would also say "ENOUGH IS ENOUGH" Yes a human life was lost, and thats a terrible loss, I just would like to know what He was thinking while He was destroying someone else's stuff!!! Was this his 1st time? Sorry, Just My .02 worth. OK let the Name calling begin!!!!

·
Registered
'91 300SL(sold) 2000 SL320 Edition '94 E220 T auto
698 Posts
It says no charges have been brought as yet. I sincerely hope not...it was a mercedes he egged ;-)

·
Registered
2002 CLK 430 1999 ML 320
92 Posts
I say give that man a trophy....and a free car wash.

·
Registered
1998 sl600 1972 450sl 2015 c300 4matic
306 Posts
LOL that's great, if I caught someone doing something to one of my cars like that I would have freaked out too. It probably would involve the first blunt object I found and not unloading a clip but anyways I hope it works out for him.

·
Sith Lord
72 280SE 88 560SEC 92 E500 6.0 95 SL320 14 GLK350
11,814 Posts
Yelling at the prankboy, spanking, egging back, whatever. But shooting?

What's next? Hiring a hitman if I throw a joke on the forum?

·
Registered
SUPERCHARGED Silver Arrow
2,136 Posts
Curious to know what model Benz this was.
If it was an SLR, SLS, or a Black Series I can somewhat understand the reaction. I said "Understand" the reaction... but not "Justify" it.

If it were some random model MB, the shooter needs some serious counseling and should be brought to justice.

·
Registered
1993 SL 500
87 Posts
It is a sorry state we all must deal with from both sides. The egg should have never been thrown, total lack of respect for someone else's property, don't care if he was driving a pinto. Total over reaction by the driver, but I am sure we have all had similar incidents. I know I have, car hit by snowballs, more like ice, scratches the paint, no one will do anything about it unless you take matters into your own hands. another time my neighbors kid has a party while his parents are away, one of his buddies hit and run my mint E34M5, crushed the right rear door and he totally denies even having a party, to boot his parents defend him all the way. If I don't do anything about it no one does. Caught the snowball thrower beat the crap out of him, left him with some loose teeth and bleeding nose, I don't care if he was under 18. My neighbor has no idea what is coming his way, but its going to be a good one. The sad thing is in some countries, like Japan this sort of thing does not happen. I was at a train station outside Tokyo over 200 bicycles in bike rack's, not one of them locked, no one steals them, you leave your wallet or camera on a table or drop it, no one takes it, its just not done, people respect other peoples belongings and property. If you do break the law there and you are caught there is no messing around. The cars there have permanent license plates attached, if your car is sited for violations they don't care who is driving, they go and see the owner, if the owner does not tell them who is driving he is held responsible, very fare as far as I am concerned. Here we are so bogged down with liberal do gooders and legal wrangling no one is ever held responsible for his/her own actions. Fall down a staircase, sue the building, not your fault you were drunk, the bar tender kept forcing drinks down your throat, it goes on and on, its ridiculous. Alright finished ranting!!!:D

·
Registered
99 SL500
147 Posts
I once left my local library to find a half dozen teenagers spitting and pissing on my Lexus LS400 which was in the back of the lot. They got my fist breaking the sliding door window of their minivan in return.

There are two types of people in this world: those that see 'beauty' and appreciate it, and those that see 'beauty' and want to destroy it.

Always be mindful of where you're taking (or more importantly, leaving) your SL. A question I always ask myself is, 'how many other cars like mine will be where I'm going?' - if the answer is zero, the SL stays home.

·
Premium Member
2015 Jaguar XF R Sport Twin Turbo, 1992 500sl Pano, 1999 CBR 1100XX, Super BlackBird, Jaguar X Type
4,820 Posts
If the owner owned a gun he was probably a poacher who just cracked, boiled over, scrambled outside & fried him.

·
Registered
'91 500SL, '92 300E, '65 Mustang
305 Posts
it was a gold 190e

Where is your source of saying it was a 190E?
If it was, that man has problems...

If it was a brand new R230, SLS, Mclaren, or gullwing... and i had a gun... I dont know what I would have ended up doing...

He should know better to not mess with Mercedes though! Lesson learned, egg a honda....

·
Registered
1999 SL500 Sport, Black Opal Pearl, Helios Leather, Pano roof, AMG Aero2 18"Split Rims, Rear Seats
1,228 Posts
There is a story here in Perth Australia where on Halloween night a few days ago a guy cleaning his pride and joy gets his car egged by trick or treaters. Guy takes chase in his car, has a heart attack and smashes into a house. Luckily he just survived and is intensive care.
What is it with Egging, where did that come from. I don`t get it along with trick and treating and the whole Halloween thing.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.