Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Was thinking about buying a Powerdyne supercharger for my car off ebay. Was wonder how it compares to the ATI supercharger, I guess this would be a qustion for SuperchargerSEC.

·
Registered
560 SEC Supercharged(sold), E55 AMG, Renntech CL600 Bi-turbo, Porsche 928
1,989 Posts
The Powerdyne will be much quieter than the Procharger but the Procharger P1SC is a much larger blower and can handle more boost. The top of the line Powerdyne XB1A can only handle around around 18 psi but the Procharger P1SC that I'm running can handle 32 psi.

Procharger also makes blowers that will support 2300 hp and 38 psi. There is really no comparison between the two brands. The Powerdyne is made for stealth and a little kick in the pants and the Procharger is made for drag racing and extreme hp levels. http://www.procharger.com/models.shtml

·
Registered
500 SE EURO!
477 Posts
HMm, i was thinking 2 days ago of buying a supercharger for my 500SE euro i dont want that much horsepower just a bit more... and of waht i read the Powerdyne is quiet which i like that alot...what model would be okay for my 1980 500SE to get hmm 60 + more horsepower used would be nice ! ! anyways thanks guys for the help!

enrique

·
Registered
1,989 Posts
The Powerdyne is quiet compared to the Procharger. There is no hiding the Prochargers sound. You will not sneak-up on many people. However, the sound when you are running down the road is a really nice whistle. If you want quiet, go with the Vortech V1SQ.

I would assume you are making a supercharger kit from scratch since you are trying to choose a blower? Each blower has different mounting points and requirements. The Powerdyne and Procharger are self contained so there is no external oil lines needed but the Vortech and newer Paxton's require the external oil line.

·
Registered
1985 300sd
445 Posts
Supercharged SEC - 5/3/2005 10:39 AM

The Powerdyne is quiet compared to the Procharger. There is no hiding the Prochargers sound. You will not sneak-up on many people. However, the sound when you are running down the road is a really nice whistle. If you want quiet, go with the Vortech V1SQ.

I would assume you are making a supercharger kit from scratch since you are trying to choose a blower? Each blower has different mounting points and requirements. The Powerdyne and Procharger are self contained so there is no external oil lines needed but the Vortech and newer Paxton's require the external oil line.
This guy is GOOD!!!

·
Registered
500 SE EURO!
477 Posts
JR_Rider - 5/3/2005 8:17 AM

Supercharged SEC - 5/3/2005 10:39 AM

This guy is GOOD!!!

haha i agree...hey supercharger... i'm looknig for something that gives anywhere from hmm 40-60 hp and isnt tooooo expensive used would be nice too...less then 1k would be nice what do you think i should go for ? where do you think i can find one ?

thanks man!

·
Registered
1,989 Posts
The only blower you will find used in abundance at or below $1,000 is an Eaton unit. You may be able to get a used Vortech for that price. You can get a used Paxton SN series for not much money but it's a cheap blower compared to the Procharger. I had a Paxton SN 2000 on my car but it had no where near the performance potential of the Procharger. The old ball bearig drive Paxton's sound really great at every speed and will give you an additional 80 to 100 hp but that's about all.

i'm looknig for something that gives anywhere from hmm 40-60 hp and isnt tooooo expensive used would be nice too..
Why bother with a blower. If that's all you want, go with nitrous oxide.

·
Registered
500 SE EURO!
477 Posts
Hmm im willing to spend some 500 US dollars what do you recomend ? i would prefer some cheap supercharger or turbocharger... i just want a bit more horsepower..not too much cuz i already driver pretty fast...just enough to keep up with thosenew v8's....hmm im thinking of taking the cat off the benz converting it back to a euro version but thats not till next year..when its the cars last smog check...

enrique

btw do any of you guys know a way around smog check for euro imported cars ? in california that is

·
Registered
1989 Euro 560 SEC
195 Posts
The only way my euro 560 sec could stay in California was that it had out of state plates and out of state tags. It smoked really bad and that was the main problem with it.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts