Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
c230
158 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i was wondering...if it's worth getting...i already have a ASP pulley and a K&N airfilter, i wanted to know if it would have a dramatic increase in power..at the present time i'm still debating whether i should put an exhaust on my car...i don't want it to be too loud...any thoughts would be greatly appreciated...thanks

·
Registered
C230K Sport Sedan
5,368 Posts
I haven't seen any chips that are worth the money. I know they make big claims but the d...

I haven't seen any chips that are worth the money. I know they make big claims but the dyno results I've seen have been weak, probably 3-5 HP throughout the rev range and some cases no gain at all with Upsolute. Don't know of anyone that has the Powerchip on a pullied car. I would not do it myself unless I got a solid 10 HP in the midrange.

I have the Renntech muffler which is made by Sebring/Remus and I would recommend the Remus since it appears to be the same but several hundred cheaper. It's really quiet at first but after a few thousand miles in break-in and sounds nice, a little growl at take off but nothing audible after that. Don't expect a power increase though. For more power you'll need to spend about 2K and do the SuperSprint headers, custom exhaust piping, larger (or no) cat and a nice muffler.

Check my website out for more info.

·
Registered
c230
158 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
exhaust

thanks for the advice BUELLWINKLE, you wouldn't happen to have a part # and a photo of your exhaust...would you...?

·
Registered
C32 AMG, Ferrari 360
22 Posts
Ming,
I just upgraded my ECU.
Powerchips has a wonderful product, the chip is fascinatin...

Ming,
I just upgraded my ECU.
Powerchips has a wonderful product, the chip is fascinating. The car with the new chip is more powerful and very quick. It is almost like driving another car with a different engine, it feels more like a V-8.

·
Registered
ML320/C320 Sprt
4,649 Posts
buellwinkle

what did you do to your old exhaust? I wonder if the tip will fit to C320 Sedan[?][?][8)]

·
Registered
2002 C230 Coupe
5 Posts
What kinda of gains are you guys getting from the ASP pulley? Is it a really noticable gai...

What kinda of gains are you guys getting from the ASP pulley? Is it a really noticable gain? ASP is just down the street from me but is there a cheaper place online to purchase the pulley? Thanks!

·
Registered
2002 C230k
1,246 Posts
An ASP pulley should yield about 30hp and 35ft-lbs at the rear wheels....

An ASP pulley should yield about 30hp and 35ft-lbs at the rear wheels.

·
Registered
C230K Sport Sedan
5,368 Posts
No cheaper place to get the ASP pulley, he only sells it directly and not through his no...

No cheaper place to get the ASP pulley, he only sells it directly and not through his normal dealer network. Don't know what motor you have but currently for the C-Class he has it's only for the C32 and C230K (1998-2002). I heard he is working on the newer C230K'a (2003-2004). If you are close by you can at least save shipping and if you give him your current pulley to work with you'll save about $250. If $650 is too expensive, consider the alternatives from Brabus, Renntech, Vaeth and Carlsson for 2-5 times that price.

·
Registered
2002 C230 Coupe
5 Posts
I have 2002 so it's all good. Thanks!

I have 2002 so it's all good. Thanks!

·
Registered
Carlsson w203
28 Posts
you wont get 30hp outa a pulley. even says that their pulleys are a piece of crap and won...

you wont get 30hp outa a pulley. even says that their pulleys are a piece of crap and wont recommend it to their retailers. ofcourse they would never admit that to a customer......

·
Registered
C320
71 Posts
is the warranty will defect if i put powerchip???? [?][?][?]...

is the warranty will defect if i put powerchip???? [?][?][?]

·
Registered
3 Posts
i owned a c230 sedan and i had powerchip my car... the average gain is around 15hp and 15 ...

i owned a c230 sedan and i had powerchip my car... the average gain is around 15hp and 15 of torque. i mean there isn't a significant feel of increase in power but the car definitly pulls harder and go quicker i can say.
they claim 15 hp average in increase since they said they have done dyno for over twenty times. i am going to do my soon to see how it goes on my car
but hey, powerchip is great, it cost like 700 for 15hp.

·
Registered
2007 S550, 01 ML320
196 Posts
EVOSPORT

sells a pulley kit for $449. They say it adds 19 to the wheels.

I was going to order it but I haven't yet. What does the APS pulley kit go for... for a C320, also it's 3 pullies and a new belt right??

Where can you get the powerchip for $650???

·
Registered
2002 C230k
1,246 Posts
ASP does not make any pulleys for the V6's

They only sell the larger crank pulley for the supercharged 230's.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts