Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
C 270 CDi
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok Ive done it. ECU was sent off to Powerchip today. Lets see if these guys can give me the 11% increase in power they promised. Should be getting it back arond the 23rd. Will get back to you all with Dyno results etc.
[:)]

·
Registered
C 270 CDi
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Lost

Damb Fedex lost my ECU for a week. Back on route now, but I will only be getting it back on Thursday. SUCKS[:(!]

·
Registered
C 270 CDi
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Powerchip in

WooHooooooo! Just spent the last 60 min driving around like a “bat out of hell�.
This is my day so far.
09h30 I recieved a call from DHL saying they have a delivery for me and they will be droppoing it off this afternoon.
10h15 I arrived at DHL headoffice - like I could wait.
10h30 Back home ECU with Powerchip inside installed.
10h35 turn key and pray for spark - vrooooooooom
11h00 off to garage driving very conservativley as my is filled with 95 ron not 98 as the chip requires.
11h30 empty 95 and refill with 98.
And just as i'm about to see what Powerchip have done the sky opens up and starts pissing down like a perfect winters day in Cape Town.:( Traffic comes to a hault and there I sit - home time.

And then it clears.

Vroooooom Vroooooooom
I hit th freeway 0-100km/h what a differance, well maybe its more the 40-80 that one really fells it. Roads still a bit wet.
100-200 "get out of my way" I want to see what happens in 5th. No luck. To much traffic. I've only done about 60km with 98 and it feels like its pulling more every km.

All through the gears theres more power you can feel and hear it. I will have to put in harder springs - Weitec been recomended. I'm not sure how much fuel I'm going through, give me a week and I'll get back to you. They said 10-11% more power and I think there right from the feel of things.
Will be putting it on the dyno as soon as I can. Next week sometime, and i'll find out what's really going on.
But so far its wonderfull.

·
Registered
c230
158 Posts
i would like to know where i can get my hands on this chip....? any advice on what else ...

i would like to know where i can get my hands on this chip....? any advice on what else i can do to my car will be greatly appreciated...thanks
[:)]

·
Registered
C 270 CDi
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
For those that are interested.

I'm putting it on the dyno tomorrow (wed) at 11:30am GMT. I will post results later in the afternoon.

PS have you guys heard of Weitec springs? Good Bad etc?

Chip available from www.powerchip.com.[:)][:D]

·
Registered
C 270 CDi
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Dyno Results -

Last month and today
-37 kw factor so KW = 160
-57 Nm factor so Nm = 312

Thats neither here nore there its the 10% increase I like. I still have standard everything on the car, filter etc

Attachments

1 - 6 of 6 Posts