Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone tried any of these chips? If so how is it? <br>www.tuningchips.de<br>www.powerchip.com.au<p>thanks<br>Patrick<br>97 C36 slvr

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I have a Powerchip

I have a Powerchip performance ECU chip in my 1995 C280. It adds a good amount of torque and decent horsepower. I would recomend Powerchip from Australia.<br>As another note please check out a modest website about my car at http://www.geocities.com/cypresskb/benz.html <br>Thanks

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
To be honest, I do not think that a chip is going to get you the results you want. On a C280 the chip helps out a lot. But the truth of the matter is that AMG did a damn good job squeezing every inch out of that car. I have researched putting more power into my 1995 C36 and I finally had to give up. Where are you located? I have heard that there is a company in Germany that makes different rears for the C36. It will take away from the top end but give you unbelievable improvement in the 0-60 range.<p>

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Re: I have a Powerchip

I'm thinking about adding a chip to my car too. Can you tell me how ur gas mileage is and the octane you put? I've heard u need a higher octane that US doesn't supply.

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Anyone tried it on C36's yet..?

: Has anyone tried any of these chips? If so how is it? <br>Especially on C36's<br>Regards,<p>J Irwan

·
Premium Member
2002 S430 90/00/05 VWs
27 Posts
I'm thinking about adding a chip to my car too. Can you tell me how ur gas mileage is and the octane you put? I've heard u need a higher octane that US doesn't supply.
Sorry but this is not true, and there is no need to change noting if you get "tuned", and yes good quality tuning gets better MPG as well, i had C320 was getting 15-17 city driving easy/traffic to 19-20, highway was improved as well

Regards

·
Registered
142 Posts
The only reason it seems like europe has better gas than the US is becuase they use a different scale of measurement. They use the RON scale while the US uses the MON and RON values and averages them.

Chips do a lot more for the NA mercedes than one would think since mercedes runs their motors quite lean(about 14 AFR when WOT). So when the fuel ratios are changed to more performance minded fuel ratios, the car gains a lot of torque and usable horsepower.

·
Premium Member
2002 S430 90/00/05 VWs
27 Posts
The only reason it seems like europe has better gas than the US is becuase they use a different scale of measurement. They use the RON scale while the US uses the MON and RON values and averages them.

Chips do a lot more for the NA mercedes than one would think since mercedes runs their motors quite lean(about 14 AFR when WOT). So when the fuel ratios are changed to more performance minded fuel ratios, the car gains a lot of torque and usable horsepower.
Europe ave better/higher octane fuels, but worldwide mb cars most of the time wen drive hard you can smell sulfuric acid on the tailpipe this is actually for rich running condition, and retarded timing advance so is able to run ok even if is lower octane fuels, but the rich running condition is bad for short driving trips really bad

1 - 8 of 8 Posts