Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
233 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OFF POWERCHIP WEB SITE:
Your Mercedes-Benz E55 AMG 5.5 V8 utilizes a Surface Mount Chip (SMT) – a very sophisticated and powerful memory device which is fitted to many late model (post 1996) vehicles. Because of its complexity, the SMT style chip must be 'flash' programmed in the same way as the dealership (don't worry - we do this for you when we recieve your ECU), similarly to when servicing the vehicle. The ECU itself is very easy to remove, and should be sent overnight to be modified at Powerchip and then return overnight to you (we use FedEx Priority Overnight Service). Detailed instructions (including photos) are also provided to ensure the ECU can be removed easily from the vehicle. Once complete, and re-installed into the vehicle, you are back on the road to enjoy your enhanced performance – as soon as possible.

In standard form, the E55 AMG 5.5 V8 produces 349 hp and 391 lb.-ft.

Powerchip has a range of chips to suit your car, which can increase it's power to between 366 hp and 373 hp, and it's torque to between 410 lb.-ft and 418 lb.-ft.

The price of the Powerchip is USD $1,190.00.

I FOR ONE AM INTERESTED IN 19+LB-FT AND I BET A FEW OF YOU GUYS WITH 210 E55'S ARE ALSO INTERESTED?
I ALSO BET IF WE DID A 3 TO 5 UNIT GROUP PURCHASE WE COULD ALL SAVE SOME DOUGH AND POWERCHIP WOULD STILL BE VERY HAPPY.
FIRST OFF ANY IDEAS ON HOW CAN WE CONFIRM THAT POWERCHIP IS REAL, THIS UPGRADE IS RELIABLE, PROVEN, AND WILL PRODUCE THE DESIRED RESULTS?

I INVITE POWERCHIP TO THIS THREAD TO HELP US ANSWER OUR CONCERNS. DOES POWERCHIP HAVE ANY SATISFIED 210 E55 OWNERS THAT WOULD OFFER UP SOME INPUT.
THANKS

·
Registered
99 E55
297 Posts
With my Powerchip I got 15whp and 20wtq, Nice improvment. I also gained even more power adding Evo pullies.
Mario

·
Registered
W210 E55,E320,C240
160 Posts
Count me in! I was going to get the powership regardless so if I can save some money with a group buy, I would def do it!!

·
Registered
99 E55
297 Posts
jcjmw - 4/6/2005 12:57 PM

E55cent, by chance did you dyno your car before and after the chip and evo pullies?
With pullies and no software I was at 294 hp at the wheels. With the Powrchip I was 310hp. This was done on a dyno jet 248c

·
Registered
233 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I was hoping that we got more then me, kev, and gt3.

Step forward if you got a 210 55 and want a decent bump in hp with no ill side effects, post your interest on this thread.
One of us needs to ask powerchip for a discount, I was thinking if 5 of us came forward ready to buy plus using our Benzworld discount we request a 25% discount per guy based on 5 purchases and see what happens.
Hell maybe one of you guys wants to be a Powerchip dealer and we could all do even better?
I don't want to facilitate the deal but I am interested in buying a chip.

·
Registered
58 Posts
E55pvan, you started this thread, and you don't want to facilitate the deal with Powerchip?

If nobody else is going to try and work the deal, I will do it. Just privately email me your name, car info and email I can contact you, and as soon as I have 5 responses, I will contact Powerchips.

Kevin
[email protected]

·
Registered
233 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
thanks Kev for offering to take this project forward.
I don't want to facilitate because I have a hectic work travel schedule and sometimes I don't get to my personal e-mails for a few days and this is not fair to others interested in this project.
I will email my info to you. thanks

·
Registered
TT
500 Posts
Hi guys I have E 430 Sport was looking for the chip and the best price i found was at speedtuning 275$ One more thing, I spoke with my friend he works at MB as mechanic he did not recomend that upgrade, so be carefull Good Luck guys

·
Registered
233 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
hey Sama did your MB buddy tell you why he did not recommend the upgrade, also PowerChip retail wants over a grand for the chip programming upgrade maybe the $275 option is missing something critical or maybe we are missing something else?

·
Registered
TT
500 Posts
Hi guys, speedtuning USA has a good recomendations ... also found the guy who had a chip in his clk for five years so far no problems, mb mechanic says that later on I can have problems with starting the car (I'm not sure that i can beleave him, hope he is wrong ....) one more place i found is www.upsolute.com they asking about 300$ for upgrade ... i don't know maybe you should ask what powership does so special that they asking so mutch more for reprograming chip ...they all increase max 10% perfomance ...

P.S I'm thinking to do upgrade with speedtuning USA my total probably will about 280$ keep me updated what you thinking guys , i will whait till thursday and then probably send my chip, hopfully on friday i will try how it works ...

·
Registered
W210 E55,E320,C240
160 Posts
Hi Guys,

I spoke with Powerchip and asked why the chip for the E55 was so expensive. They claim its a factor of the amount of research taht goes into the chip and the number of potential buyers - which does make sense. In short, since there were only 550 US W210 E55's per year, they dont have a huge customer base. So they have to charge more to justify to sell the chip. But I do think anything over $800 for a chip is way to expensive. I bet if we have 5 ppl like we do, we could do around $800. Hopefully. Maybe I am wrong....

·
Registered
88 Posts
I was looking for a chip upgrade before and I think even $800 may be a little expensive for 20 hp. I think hp and torque wise this car has plenty but the transmission is not able to put that much power onto the wheel when I step on it. It always has a lag and spoil all the fun so I ended up squeezing the throttle to ease the power up before I can step on it. (May be I have a MAF problem but it seems more like a down shift delay) It was interesting to read that Renntech has a transmission upgrade which involves taking the transmission apart to add more pads. I wonder if anyone has looked further into this. It cost around $1500 but the trouble is that you have to send the car which is not practical.

·
Registered
Slow benz
1,961 Posts
I already have a group buy going with speed tuning usa. If you guys want, call Oliver at speed tuning usa at 301-421-9464 and tell him you want in on the benz group buy. He'll tell you how much it is for an E55 (It was only $200 for my clk430). Just tryin to spread the savings.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts