Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
US model w124
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,
I have an 95/E320 it seems that the power windows,heated seat and defrost stop working after the car is turned on but than come on again after about 15-20min on a good day.

Any ideas fuse looks good I figure they would not be bad since the power comes back.

·
Registered
1988 "Zender" 300CE Coupe, 2009 Renault Koleos, 2007 Kia Rio Sport
3,189 Posts
Hello,
I have an 95/E320 it seems that the power windows,heated seat and defrost stop working after the car is turned on but than come on again after about 15-20min on a good day.

Any ideas fuse looks good I figure they would not be bad since the power comes back.
Question "...on a good day..." - does that mean it ALWAYS comes back ?

You mention FUSE singular looks good. Which fuse ? The items you mention are controlled by multiple fuses.

From references I am reading one of the heated seat fuses is in a component fuse compartment near the battery I believe. Fuse #22/1 - 16amp.
Seat Heater Control Module is in the Fusebox and somehow could be either or both Fuse #1 - 16amp and Fuse # 3 - 16amp.
And another for the seat heater switch Fuse #9 - 8amp

Defrost is my reference is correct for your car is Fuse # 10 - 25amp !

Power windows are Fuse # 3 - 16amp.

I would suggest go through the fuse diagram on the fusebox and identify the locations specific to your vehicle and if you have copper fuses handy replace any relative to the items you mention.

Also see if there is a separate fuse for the heated seats other than in the fusebox !

Multiple occurrences such as this with nothing in common (ie, one fuse) would probably indicate a different issue but it is always better to seek out the obvious (not too mention inexpensive) before looking deeper.

·
Registered
US model w124
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Still windows will not work.
Is there a way to manually roll them up.

Help !!!!

·
Registered
1988 "Zender" 300CE Coupe, 2009 Renault Koleos, 2007 Kia Rio Sport
3,189 Posts
None of the windows ?
Doubt whether both switches would go at once.

No way to manually put windows up - sorry !

What you can do (apparently according to forum member augapfel) is connect the two wires from the window to an external power source to see if that get them moving. Read on....

"...In looking at the wiring schematic I see that fuse H in the underhood fuse box is used to power both of the front electric window lifts. With the engine running, check for 12V at the black/yellow tracer wire at each front door window switch. The brown wire in each socket goes directly to earth. If you want to hotwire the RH window, find the black and the green wires in the connector. I often use a cordless drill 14V battery pack to provide the "juice" for this sort of troubleshooting. Anyway, hook up +12 to the black lead and -12 to the green one. See if the window moves. Reverse polarity as necessary...."

·
Registered
US model w124
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yes, still windows,front defrost and two heat sw for the front seat all don't work.
Tried to use same fuse for radio that works but did not work for H and G spot.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts