Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

power windows problem - '88 190E

5305 Views 4 Replies 2 Participants Last post by  azatrum
The power windows, all but the front passenger side, decided not to work. I checked the fuses, which are fine, so, on a whim, I replaced the switch combo for the driver side with a used switch. Now both front windows will work, but both rear windows still do not. <br> <br> I noticed that one fuse controls the left front and right rear windows, and the other fuse the right front and left rear. Does this mean, that if one switch is bad, then that would affect the whole circuit? Should I replace both switches with new ones? Or is there something else that could be wrong? <br> <br> THANKS! The weather is starting to get nice and I really want to put the windows down.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
36,559 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I would test the wiring to the switch. See that it is getting power. You could also check the switch with the continuity setting on most meters, that will show you if power can pass through the switch. Better to test than to buy.

· Registered
36,559 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Aloha and greetings from Hawaii.... Had the same problem with my the driver's seat rear door on my 88 190E when I was living in Maryland; took it to the mech and he diagnosed the wires being cut by the door... Fixed them and it lasted for a few months, cause once again it's not working.... Is this a common problem with the 190's?.... Appreciate your feedback

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.