Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, today I changed the oil successfully and as I'm taking it for a pleasure drive I discovered that 3 of my windows would not work at all. They were fine earlier but suddenly only my rear driver's side was working. I checked the switches by pulling out the cover by the shifter and they all look fine (connected). I aquired the car with 3 windows operational, the front passenger's side wasn't working at all but now only 1 works. What should I look for? Is there a link with instructions or pictorials that I could use for trouble shooting guideance?. Help will be appreciated

·
Registered
5,001 Posts
First thing to check is the 2 Window Fueses. I believe they are 25 amp Fuses.

The next most likely thing is the Switches themselves. Remove the Switches one at a time and carefully take the Switch apart (Do not lose the 2 Ball Bearings, 2 Springs or the 2 rockers).
Scrape the burned Switch Contacts off to the bare metal and assemble the Switches.

(I also had an issue on one of my Front door were the Screws that held the Window Motor to the Terminal Block were loose. You need to remove the Front Door Panel to get at them.)
Other issues are that the Wires sometimes break where the flex at the door hinges.
The Window Regulators bend or have some other mechanical failure.

I am not sure how much pictorial stuff is available in the below links.
Repair Links
DIY Links by Parts Category - PeachParts Mercedes ShopForum

PeachPartsWiki: Do It Yourself Articles - Mercedes Vehicles

There is a Power Window Relay and it shares a Fuse with some other items. However, if one Window is working there is a good chance the Relay is also working.
Also in 4 years of reading Mercedes Forums I have not read of anyone replacing the Power Window Relay.

The Diesel Giant website has some pictorial repair stuff but I do not know if he has one on Window Switches.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts