Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all,

So I need to replace a few of my power window switches, but I'm not having luck finding any for my 86 280ge. I tried Eurotruck and fourbyfourclub, but they don't seem to carry them. Are these switches 'universal' with other Mercedes models from 86? Maybe I just pick up a few switches for a 560SL or something and install those, or were the G switches made for the G only? Thanks for any help!

·
Registered
78 Posts
Hello all,

So I need to replace a few of my power window switches, but I'm not having luck finding any for my 86 280ge. I tried Eurotruck and fourbyfourclub, but they don't seem to carry them. Are these switches 'universal' with other Mercedes models from 86? Maybe I just pick up a few switches for a 560SL or something and install those, or were the G switches made for the G only? Thanks for any help!
I do not remember if you ask us any questions, especially regarding window switches.

We have to know if your car equipped with aftermarket power window system or factory power windows.
Picture of your existing switches will really help.
If you have any questions you can call us any time toll free:
1-866-439-4303 or just send email to:
[email protected]
Regards,
Vlad
fourbyfourclub.com

·
Registered
827 Posts
Hello all,

I am afraid that they are exclusive to the G-Wagen.... If I were you I would try a "friendly" MB dealer in Germany who can speak English and have them paid with credit card and shipped to you.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts