Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1975 450SL
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello: Any tips on getting the power window switches out without removing the consul in a 75 450SL.
Thanks

·
R/C107 Moderator
1986 560SL: '84 500SL: '84 280SL 5 speed: other 107s
32,357 Posts
Pop out the ash tray. Remove the mounting bracket. Two screws at the front of the housing for shifter surround. Remove them. Slide shifter surround back and pop out the switches.

·
R/C107 Moderator
1986 560SL: '84 500SL: '84 280SL 5 speed: other 107s
32,357 Posts
I left out the two screws that hold the ash tray frame in. They are obvious but if you haven't done it before maybe not so. The frame has a plug on the left side so remove right side first to disconnect. The shifter surround has a pin on the rear. That is why you have to push it back first. To disengage the pin without breaking it.

·
Registered
1975 450SL
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the tips. For my purpose I felt there had to be an easier way, because One switch was bad and the plastic chrome was pealing on the other so I was not interested in saving. what I did was pop the plastic trim off the switch and pushed the switch thru the hole then I reached thru the hole with a pair of hemostats and pulled the switch back thru at an angle, holding the switch I removed the plug by pushing away with a small screwdriver. Then I pulled (hemostats)the plug thru enough to pinch plug against side of hole pushed on new switch. Had both replaced in about 15 minutes.It is obvious I believe this could not be completed if you wanted to save the switch.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts