Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
432 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Guys, which one is the power windows relay on an '87 300TD. I'm trying to find out why I lost the power at the fuse. It is fuse G, respective H, right? If I put power to the fuses G and H the windows are working.

·
Registered
432 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks, Augapfel! Yes, it is the hardest one to get to. I did trace down the problem to the fuse #2. No power there. I got to dig into that, tonight.

·
Registered
432 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Fuse #2 gets power on a red/yellow wire straight from the ignition switch. Good luck.
You mean the red/yellow wire that has a black connector, kind of the ones that plugs on the back side of the fuse box?

·
Premium Member
5,454 Posts
Um, not sure. What the wiring diagram shows is a red/yellow wire leaving the ignition switch (hot in run) and going straight to the fuse box where it powers fuses A, 1 & 2. It looks like this red/yellow wire is crimped right to the buss bar that serves as a base for thse fuses.

I'll have to take a closer look at the power window circuit.

·
Registered
432 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Um, not sure. What the wiring diagram shows is a red/yellow wire leaving the ignition switch (hot in run) and going straight to the fuse box where it powers fuses A, 1 & 2. It looks like this red/yellow wire is crimped right to the buss bar that serves as a base for thse fuses.

I'll have to take a closer look at the power window circuit.
Yes, you're right. I just traced that orange/yellow wire from the ignition to the fuse box and it has good continuity.

·
Registered
432 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
And the winner is: the ignition switch! Great, I just finish the interior swap!

·
Registered
432 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
True story, funny storry! In december, I gave my spare ignition swich to my friend for his 190. Luckly, about 3-4 years ago, on one of my trips at the junkyard, I took an ignition cylinder when removing a dash. At that time, it was a useless thing to do, because it had no key. Talking about long term investement...
Thanks for your help, Augapfel!

·
Registered
23 Posts
Same Issue with 83 TD

I've been chasing the same pw issue (all windows occasionally don't work). I replaced the relay and thought it fixed the problem, but it didn't. Now, thankfully, they've stopped working completely (at least for now) so I can check a few things out.
There's power going to the relay from it's fuse but no power at the L/R pw fuses. That seems like it would eliminate any issue with a wire from the ignition (switch replaced 10ys ago anyway). Since the new relay didn't fix the problem it seems like it must be some sort of bad/loose connection but that doesn't seem like it would happen with the plug-ins.
Not having a wiring diagram, do you have any suggestion on ho I could troubleshoot at the relay wiring?
thanks,

·
Registered
23 Posts
123 Power WindowS Issue

Having trouble getting this in the right place:

Same Issue with 83 TD
I've been chasing the same pw issue (all windows occasionally don't work). I replaced the relay and thought it fixed the problem, but it didn't. Now, thankfully, they've stopped working completely (at least for now) so I can check a few things out.
There's power going to the relay from it's fuse but no power at the L/R pw fuses. That seems like it would eliminate any issue with a wire from the ignition (switch replaced 10ys ago anyway). Since the new relay didn't fix the problem it seems like it must be some sort of bad/loose connection but that doesn't seem like it would happen with the plug-ins.
Not having a wiring diagram, do you have any suggestion on ho I could troubleshoot at the relay wiring?
thanks,

1 - 12 of 12 Posts