Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1989 Mercedes 300SE
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,
I got a 89 300SE with window problems. First off the front passenger/rear drivers side do not work. Tried to open them one day and they just quit. Changed out a blown fuse and put it up only to blow the fuse again. Now the drivers window clunks/bangs when you put it up down and it is not sealing correctly(like it is crooked in the track). Any help on these issues. While I am at it, how hard is it to remove the door panels? Are they screwd in, cliped? Really dont want to break stuff when trying to fix the problem. Thank you all for any information.
Nacho

·
Registered
24 Posts
The panels clip in. first remove all the parts that screw on (door pull, chrome C, the trim piece that is above the panel (two small screws through the window frame. Pop the seat controls off. Hold the inside door handle up and pop out the plastic cup beneath the handle. Then remove the small screw beneath the cup. Once all is removed, the panel slides up to remove.

The plastic track sliders may be damaged causing the window problem.

Good luck.

·
Registered
1990 560 SEC
17 Posts
mine did the same thing 2 weeks ago, after pulling the door panel and looking close at the mechanics at the front of the window where it connects to the arm that lifts it, it appeared that the frame had broke...but! on closer inspection only a clip that holds the window to the frame had come loose a bolt had backed out but even then it still appeared broken but no,it just is a very close tolerance fit...I tightened everthing down including some of the other mounting bolts as they had came loose also and BAM it woked like new

·
Registered
9 Posts
yeah i came across your thread and also have a window problem.although i need to change out the whole inside window mechanics. the motor works but the fram is bent so the window wont go up.

i was just wondering if there is anywhere online that show me how to change it out?

·
Registered
1984 500sel
35 Posts
my front two motors are out. Anyone know where to order parts? I took it to my mechanic and they said 200 for each motors and with labor and tax and all, it would be 900 to fix the two windows..needless to say my tightass still has two stuck windows.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts