Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everybody,

I have a problem with my 1999 E430. Yesterday my wife told me that the driver's window stopped working and left it open. This morning I took a look at it: the window works ok but only if you don't press the window switch all the way down (automatic open/close). I tried to do a window auto reset, but it didn't work. The window moves downward both if pressing the switch partially or all the way, but if you release it, it stops (even if you were pressing the switch all the way down using the auto-close). It moves upward only if you don't press the switch all the way. If you do press the switch all the way (auto-close) it stops moving.

Any ideas?? Bad switch??

Thank you

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yes, that was my guess too and I was planning to do that. The news is that the AC compressor (replaced this past November) today decided to break so the car is at the mechanic - indy shop close to where we live - who needs to replace it under warranty. At the same time my wife told me that all the windows acted erratically today, none of thm working at first and then everything working perfectly again, including the driver window. I'll check everything when I get the car back. It now sounds like a problem with one of the modules common to all windows....

1 - 4 of 4 Posts