Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2008 E550
134 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone, new to here, just bought a 2011 ML550, cannot be happier.
I have a dash cam from my previous car, just want to install it on top of windshield, hence I need a 12V power supply from roof console, does someone know the wiring? Pictures are appropriate.
Thanks again.

·
Registered
2008 E550
134 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks 43 bro, very useful information.

从我的 iPhone 发送,使用 Tapatalk

·
Registered
2008 E550
134 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Ok, after trying,I didn’t find a wire which was Acc line, so I will use a long cable from cigarettes light plug.
See the picture, two red wires are all battery power, that means they are 12V constantly, not what I need.
But anyway, thanks again.

·
Premium Member
02 ML320 06 ML500
16,839 Posts
In your opening post you said this.............hence I need a 12V power supply.

You did not say Acc.

·
Registered
2008 E550
134 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
In your opening post you said this.............hence I need a 12V power supply.

You did not say Acc.
......lol..... my bad.
By the way, do you know is there a drain plug on torque converter for my car?
Thanks

·
Premium Member
02 ML320 06 ML500
16,839 Posts
The answer to your question is yes, but on some vehicles it is accessible at the rear of the converter and on other vehicles the drain plug it is on the front of the converter which is inaccessible.

You will have to have someone turn the crankshaft bolt while you look for the drain plug.

Caution:facing the crank bolt you must turn it to the RIGHT only (as in tightening the bolt) NEVER turn it in the opposite direction. Do you under stand?

·
Registered
2008 E550
134 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
The answer to your question is yes, but on some vehicles it is accessible at the rear of the converter and on other vehicles the drain plug it is on the front of the converter which is inaccessible.

You will have to have someone turn the crankshaft bolt while you look for the drain plug.

Caution:facing the crank bolt you must turn it to the RIGHT only (as in tightening the bolt) NEVER turn it in the opposite direction. Do you under stand?
Yeees Sir !!! I understand. Thanks.

从我的 iPhone 发送,使用 Tapatalk

1 - 8 of 8 Posts