Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Was suprised when the power steering pump on my wife's 06 Ml350 started leaking at 50k.

Indy garage wanted about 1k parts/labor- figured 4 bolts I'll do it myself.

I had the startek DVD, ordered a rebuilt MB pump on line ~250. I guess I could have gotten a rebuild kit for $15. Still came out ahead and no more drips.

In general wasn't that bad- but the bolt on the backside of the pump was a royal PIA...

·
Outstanding Contributor - Always Remembered, RIP
Zotye Auto 1.5T T600 2016
52,804 Posts
There used to be kits available but not sure now.

·
Outstanding Contributor - Always Remembered, RIP
Zotye Auto 1.5T T600 2016
52,804 Posts
I just searched through EPC and no kits listed.

·
Registered
2002 honda civic (sold), 2009 Mercedes ML350
1,344 Posts
you think that bolt was a pain, on the new E classes the bolt in the back of the pump is blocked by the ac compressor line. removing the line or disconnecting the compressor from the block is the way to go.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Was suprised when the power steering pump on my wife's 06 Ml350 started leaking at 50k.

Indy garage wanted about 1k parts/labor- figured 4 bolts I'll do it myself.

I had the startek DVD, ordered a rebuilt MB pump on line ~250. I guess I could have gotten a rebuild kit for $15. Still came out ahead and no more drips.

In general wasn't that bad- but the bolt on the backside of the pump was a royal PIA...
Did you verify it was the pump itself and not the oil hose ?
Just curious as I just saw some oil dips around the power steering pump/oil hose in my ML.
Quite difficult to see which one is the reason for oil dip, should remove the engine air hose etc. to see better.

·
Premium Member
2013 C250
7,273 Posts
The pumps are crap, mine was replaced under warranty after about 39K miles.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts