Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am hoping someone can help me in this forum. I have a S500 1995 and the dealership is saying I need a new Power Steering Pump and hoses as they are leaking.

Can anyone tell me if I should purchase the Power Steering pump as a reconditioned unit, used or just purchase a brand new one which is very expensive. Also, is there a specific Part# for the Power Steering Pump I should be using as searching through a few websites there is quite a few that they say should fit my vehicle. I did ask the dealership for the Part#, but they said to call and they will let me know as they were busy. After several phone calls, no ones seems to return my call...

So I am slightly frustrated with them right now.

If there is anyone on this forum that has experience with the Power Steering Pump & Hoses that could provide guidance, I would sincerely appreciate it.

Best Regards,

UK

·
Registered
196 Posts
A rebuilt one should be fine, or have someone rebuild the one you have. The seal kit is usually only $20 or so, and then there's a few hours of labor. Try AutohausAZ.com for more info. You're in UK, Vancouver, or Vancouver, UK?

BTW, here's a nice DIY for rebuilding it yourself - http://www.benzworld.org/forums/w140-s-class/1485090-power-steering-pump-inexpensive-leak-tco.html
Awesome! My car is leaking powersteering fluid too, might try this DIY to get it fixed :) Thanks!

·
Registered
1,247 Posts
UK: do you have the self-levelling suspension? If so, I have a spare, PM me with your phone number if you are in Vancouver BC

1 - 5 of 5 Posts