Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1989 560SEC
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, as i was removing the floor mats on my car today so i could clean under them, i noticed some dark thick "stuff" under the drivers side mat. I have a cold so i couldnt smell it, but i had someone else who said it smelled like power steering fluid. Is it possible that the power steering fluid is leaking? I checked the level and it seemed low, i'll have to wait to get some more fluid, but how would it get under the mat? Its very nasty to get out of the mat, and i have to buy new ones [:(]

·
Registered
280SL Pagoda, BMW318
98 Posts
hmm...unlikely I think

Seems a bit odd to me. Can't see it being power steering fluid, but I could see it being brake/clutch fluid.

Keep an eye on all fluid levels and let us know what is going on. If nothing is leaking, could just be water getting into the interior compartment (or antifreeze) and going mouldy under the mat.

Give us a few more details if you need any more help

·
Registered
1989 560SEC
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well, i havent had a chance to drive it since then, because of the battery issuie with it,...

Well, i havent had a chance to drive it since then, because of the battery issuie with it, but i'll check all the fluid levels before i drive it again and then check them in about a week. Thanks for the suggestions.

-Kevin

·
Registered
280SL Pagoda, BMW318
98 Posts
don't skimp on the battery...

You'll need the extra cranking amps of a decent battery to get that diesel turning on cold mornings.

Benzes come with a big battery for a reason [;)]

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.