Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I hear grinding noise from the power steering of my GLE 350, 2018 when I use the car after more than 4-5 days. It makes the noise only the first time I turn the steering to the left or right, even before I switch to reverse or drive. The noise appears to be coming from under the hood, not from something inside the cabin. I do let the vehicle warm up. No noise for any subsequent turning of the steering wheel. See attached video. Left the car at dealership, had them make it sit for 5 days and they say they didn't hear any noise when they tested it and don't see anything wrong with the steering. I have tested it 3 times at my home and it did make the noise each time I had it sit for more than 4-5 days. Can someone please advise? Video-

·
Premium Member
4,496 Posts
Sounds like tyres on a tiled floor squeaking. Is your garage tiled or polished concrete.
Try it on the bitumen.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
That's not what I am asking. I am asking you NOT to warm it up to see if it happens.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk
I have tested both ways and it makes noise both with heat up and without. The only thing constant is that it has to sit for 4+ days and test on 5th day or after to get the noise.

·
Registered
15 Posts
I have tested both ways and it makes noise both with heat up and without. The only thing constant is that it has to sit for 4+ days and test on 5th day or after to get the noise.
Does it happen when parked outside instead of the garage. It almost sounds like the tires are sliding/scraping on the concrete....My point is does it happen on a different surface?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts