Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I hear grinding noise from the power steering of my GLE 350 2018 when I use the car after more than 4-5 days. It makes the noise only the first time I turn the steering to the left or right, even before I switch to reverse or drive. The noise appears to be coming from under the hood, not from something inside the cabin. I do let the vehicle warm up. No noise for any subsequent turning of the steering wheel. See attached video. Left the car at dealership, had them make it sit for 5 days and they say they didn't hear any noise when they tested it and don't see anything wrong with the steering. I have tested it 3 times at my home and it did make the noise each time I had it sit for more than 4-5 days. Can someone please advise? Video-

·
Registered
2,320 Posts
Your are in the wrong forum. This is w163.
You have a later generation w166
Sounds like tire rubbing/scrubbing on smooth concrete surface to me. Did you just get new tires? New tires are more prone to doing this.

You can also try parking on a different surface (like asphalt) and see if that make any difference.

·
Registered
981 Posts
Noise will only show up if the car is moving - but its stationary . But if front wheels are being turned then yes may be as post above . I would get the car on to a 4 poster lift , and do more check from there.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts