Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I had to top up my power steering fluid today desperatly, mercedes wasnt open or i would have just gone there and got the "recommended" stuff, whether thats necessary or not? Anyways i went and bought some that was said to be specifically for euro autos, and meeted and/or exceeded their specifications, it also said it was compatible with all other PSF so there wouldnt be a mixture problem, is this going to be alright or should i absolutly be getting the MB PSF ASAP? Any problems with this? Thanks.

·
Premium Member
7,273 Posts
Less of an issue for ML owners, since it will probably leak out when the reservoir and o-ring fails.:)

·
Premium Member
17,193 Posts
I think you are probably fine with what you added, but if that was my car I would replace the PSF with MB specified brand sooner rather than later, and if it has a filter replace that at the same time.

·
Registered
3,886 Posts
My 92 500 which has always been serviced by MB had red fluid. I did a recent flush and filter change and discovered the MB fluid is clear, I never knew there was a filter in there and a plastic level indicator.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts