Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2000 ML 320
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
my power steering fluid is leaking..this is the second time it has happend in the past 6 months. ive taken it to the dealer and they replaced something (sry forgot what they called it) and now my problem is back. luckily the truck is still under warranty but i was just wondering if anyone else has had this problem and if so what was the cause so i can tell the dealership to take a look at that. also does anyone else burn oil faster than normal..im down a quart of oil at this moment and i just had an oil change (filter and all) about a month ago. any feedback would be a help

·
Registered
497 Posts
It would be easier to advise on the oil consumption if you divulged the model of the vehicle. New engines burn more oil than engines with 20K miles which seems to be the amount of time my 270 took to loosen up, I burn 1 litre in about 3K miles.

I have had what I think were a couple of small leaks from the steering, several months apart, I checked the steering fluid level and found very little leaked.

Having said that I had a groaning noise from the steering and a loss of fluid when I drove fast round a right angle corner when the vehicle was cold, so I wait now until the coolant has reached normal working temperature before I load the steering.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts