Mercedes-Benz Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2002 C240
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey Guys,
My name is Jessie and i own a 2002 C240. Recently there has been an issue with my power steering fluid leaking. I always check the reservoir and it was completely dry. There is a loud whine coming from the steering wheel as well. I have to fix the leak, i just need to know what i should fix? Do i need to replace the hose? or the Pump? I will be doing most of the maintenance myself and with a family friend who also fixes cars. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

-Jessie

·
Premium Member
2004 CLK 240 Coupe
11,385 Posts
If the reservoir is dry, you may have already damaged the steering pump.

I think that you need to know where the leak is coming from - either a hose or the pump. So get the reservoir re-filled, and get (someone) under the car to see where the leak is from.

·
Registered
1,054 Posts
clean up the grime with simple green or something so you it will be more obvious where the leak is from. if you're lucky it is a hose or something cheap leaking. the hose may be cracked or something.

·
Registered
2006 Mercedes-Benz C230 Sport
5 Posts
P0016

Hi all
3 month ago I got a c230 sport with vin#: WDBRF52H57F84307, and mileage 122K.I got as a used car from dealership!

my engine light is on and I got code P0016.drive is good and I don't have any problem.

I put the car on a mechanic shop and they told me problem is gear!and cost for fix would be around $4k! :(
based on your discussion here I want to know what do you mean "affected range"?
what can I do with this problem? is there anyway to call MBUSA to cover this issue based on my mileage?

what is your experience?
if I drive with this issue does it have any problem for engine in future?

what should I do! ? :(.

Thanks.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.