Mercedes-Benz Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1986 300 SL Euro spec - Signal Red/Black Eng/Trans: Inline 6 (M103.982) / 722.322 Auto
1,984 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Originally Posted by roncallo :
"That weep is the genuine Mercedes standard rear end weep. Unless it's dripping on the floor it doesn't count. I bet you PS box also has the same weep."

Yeah, I guess your right. I've had the car for two months now and not a drop on the floor. I guess I should be happy conisdering it turns 25 yrs old this month ! :eek: :beerchugr:

- PS Box :eek: :confused: ??? Is that what the build up under the tranie is (not leak cause it doesnt reach the floor) and doesn't look like the tranie oil ??

Please, continue...

·
Premium Member
1986 560SL with M120 V12 Engine, 1988 560SL Stock
12,610 Posts
Originally Posted by roncallo :
"That weep is the genuine Mercedes standard rear end weep. Unless it's dripping on the floor it doesn't count. I bet you PS box also has the same weep."

Yeah, I guess your right. I've had the car for two months now and not a drop on the floor. I guess I should be happy conisdering it turns 25 yrs old this month ! :eek: :beerchugr:

- PS Box :eek: :confused: ??? Is that what the build up under the tranie is (not leak cause it doesnt reach the floor) and doesn't look like the tranie oil ??

Please, continue...
Could be the PS box. Or it could be the famous M103 head gasket. Only way to tell is to get under and look.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts