Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
97 MB S600 V12
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey Gents,
Not sure if I have a problem here. The lumbar support for the seats(Driver's & Pass) fills up and lets out all the time while I'm driving. My question is "Is this normal?" Or is my car going crazy? My past experience with lumbar supports are they stay on all the time until you adjust it. No lights, as far as I can tell, letting me know that anything is wrong is on. What do I need to do? Of course, I do not want to go to the Stealers!!! You know what they will do...
Any advice will be taken...Thanks Gents
Walter

·
Registered
w140 s300turbodiesel
238 Posts
It may not be the hoses at all but the switch itself that's leaky. Remember, the switch isn't really a switch but more like a tap. Listen out for hissing noises coming from the switch.

·
Registered
w140 s300turbodiesel
238 Posts
Oh, and the switch is somewhat on the expensive side too, especially the 4-button, 1-wheel variety.

·
Registered
97 MB S600 V12
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
No I haven't checked the hoses and when I listen for any leaks I hear nothing. I will check the switches, do I need to remove the whole front seat or is there something less labor intensive that I can do.
Thanks again........Walter

·
Registered
SEC 600 V12 2dr COUPE (RHD) One of the chosen few.
2,233 Posts
there is just one screw at the rear of the side pannel.. you get at it by tipping the seat back as far forwards as it will go . the screw is near the hinge at the base of the bach.. undo. first.. sidepiece slides outwards and to front of seat to remove.. take pics as you do it so you can see whats what.. and we can help ident things for you >>>

1 - 7 of 7 Posts