Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1990 190E
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
First let me start out by saying that I'm not very familiar with electronics.

My daughter and I just purchased a 1990 190E. We got it last week Tuesday. We put it on the road on Wednesday and started noting what worked and what didn't. The power seats worked perfectly except for a broken switch lever on the passengers side. On Sunday when we took it for a 200 mile Sunday drive my daughter attempted to recline in the passengers seat. It moved back about 4 inches and quit and now neither the passengers seat or drivers seat will do anything more than slide forward and backward. It seems to me it must be a fuse or something that would affect both sides of the car but I'm just not sure.

Anyone smarter than me know what is or might be wrong?

Thanks!

Pack

·
Registered
1 Posts
check under the passenger seat Rails and make sure that the seat didn't pinch or unplug the seat harness thus possibly causing a fuse to blow ... just a guess

·
Registered
1990 190E
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
check under the passenger seat Rails and make sure that the seat didn't pinch or unplug the seat harness thus possibly causing a fuse to blow ... just a guess
Does 1 fuse run the front/back adjustment and a separate fuse run the other adjustments?

·
Registered
92 190E 2.6
499 Posts
There are a few fuse blocks (each holds only 2 fuses) outside of the fuse box. One of them has fuses for the seats. check all those I had the same problem when i got my current car, changed all the fuses and everything works

·
Registered
484 Posts
Yes, it was a fuse issue, on the relay block adjacent to the main fuse panel. The relay block hold 2-3 relays and has 2 bullet fuses (blue). one of those was bad. Weird that only the tilt & headrest functions are on this fuse. The fore & aft & up/down must be on another. Oh to be a German engineer! Thx for the help...

1 - 6 of 6 Posts