Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2006 CLS500 - Iridium Silver w/ AMG Sportline
232 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
1999 MBZ C280 Sport

Driver's power seat back WILL move rearward but NOT forward. It used to move forward if you pushed the switch enough times, but no longer.

My thoughts are that if the seat back will move forward or backward, the motor is getting power, so the door panel switch would be the problem.

But, I want to avoid the time/money of replacing each component until it works.

Anyone have any experience with this or know the likely issue by the description of the problem?

·
Premium Member
2001 E320 - Brilliant Silver/Ash: 107,000+
17,193 Posts
No experience here but the switch sounds like your problem. As you said, the motor is getting power so that can't be at fault and neither would a fuse or relay.

·
Premium Member
17,193 Posts
No apology necessary from this end. It sounds like you are taking a well thought out and intelligent approach to solving your problem. Best of Luck!

·
Registered
2001-W210-CAPRI METALIC BLUE-/ 2002-W210 E300D
929 Posts
If it;s in the seat try,,

to reset the limiters in the seat by pulling the big slide lock plug under the seat.
leave it unpluged for a minute then replug.
if that works, sloooowly put the seat back into position in short bursts then un plug it until you can take the motor section apart and fix it.
Hope this helps
B

·
Registered
2 Posts
Sounds to me like it could be dirty (corroded) contacts in the switch. You may want to try to get at the switch either by pulling the unit away from the door panel or removing the door panel then spraying into the switch with electronic parts cleaner.

·
Premium Member
17,193 Posts
Good idea Lloyd. Just because the switch is malfunctioning, it doesn't mean it's beyond repair. In any electric switch that I know about, contact cleaner is worth a shot.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts