Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
SLK350,C230Komp
305 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I wonder how many of you out there had the power seat option and really like it????

I hate it ... and I think it is a bad design by MB.

Everytime I board my new car I feel like a blind man trying to reach the side of the seat for power seat adjustment.

Why can MB relocate those buttons like the rest of the C, E, S, CLK classes do.. so that it is easier for the driver.

The new 2006 M-class also has this power seat design too....

·
Registered
06 M5, 07 RS4, 07 ML63
654 Posts
I don't see a problem with it unless you are extremely tactile-challenged. Once you are accustomed to the car, it doesn't take long to figure out where anything is without looking. Besides, the car remembers seats positions as linked to the smartkey once inserted, or via key-less entry, so what's the big deal. When you first sit in a car, at rest position, your hands are closest to the seat's base so ergonomically it makes sense to have sear controls there. Audi has them there in their entire lineup and with the exception of the 7-series which has controls on the side of the center console, BMW's have them there too. Must be a good reason.

·
Registered
SLK 55 AMG
3,560 Posts
I have no problems with the buttons being on the side of the seat. I can reach them just fine.

Besides, once you've configured them (for example to be key specific), then you can use the easy entry function to get in and out of the car, AND the seats will reconfigure themselves to accomodate to your previously configured position.

·
Registered
SLK 55 AMG
3,560 Posts
Yes. You can enable it so that each key 'remembers' the last position of the seat.

For example, you can have one key programmed to bring the seat and steering wheel to your level, whilst the second key will do it for your wife/partner/friend.

When you remove the key from the socket, the seat will recline backwards to make it easier to get out.

·
Registered
350 SLK
1,528 Posts
RonJeffries - 4/12/2005 3:33 AM

Hmm, easy entry? It has easy entry? Cool.

My car is in Baltimore. Maybe next week?
I used the easy entry for about a week and then turned it off. It got rather aggravating that every time you exited and entered the car the seats and steering wheel went through their song and dance, especially if you were making several stops. I do use the memory seat selection, however, so that when a valet or car wash person moves my seat, mirrors, etc. I can just push my memory buttons and get my original settings back.

·
Registered
SLK 55 AMG
237 Posts
No problem with the memory function and easy exit and entry function here, either, however, I wish the seats move further forward as I am kind of short (more precisely I have dhort legs) and I can barely reach the pedals with my toes... I wonder if I could relocate the driver's seat by another inch or so on the base frame.. Deos anyone else have this problem??

Cheers

·
Registered
SLK 350
2,327 Posts
I don't have any problem with the location of the drivers power seat switches but I wish the passengers seat switches were in plain view as it's often hard to explain to a passenger where the seat switches are and how they work.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts