Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2000 Designo SLK-05 C230WK-05 E320CDi-2010 GLK 350
714 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just purchased an 05 E320 CDI and found that since it was an early built 05 it did not come with the Sunroof Package but rather only the Sunroof which was an 04 option.
I would like to retrofit the power rear sunshade if I can. I know there is a manually operated shade offered as a dealer installed accessory, but I would rather have a power operated one so I can leave the rear window clear until I really need the shade.
Is there a dealer kit to allow them to do this and if not, can it be done?
Has anybody done this before? I can do the mechanical parts exchange needed to swap the interior parts needed to fit the required parts, but I really need to know if the needed wire harness from the console area to the package shelf area is already present and if the power shade controls can or need to be coded into the vehicle system to get the one touch up and down feature to work.

·
Registered
W203 modified
2,032 Posts
n5160u - 2/10/2005 2:35 AM

I just purchased an 05 E320 CDI and found that since it was an early built 05 it did not come with the Sunroof Package but rather only the Sunroof which was an 04 option.
I would like to retrofit the power rear sunshade if I can. I know there is a manually operated shade offered as a dealer installed accessory, but I would rather have a power operated one so I can leave the rear window clear until I really need the shade.
Is there a dealer kit to allow them to do this and if not, can it be done?
Has anybody done this before? I can do the mechanical parts exchange needed to swap the interior parts needed to fit the required parts, but I really need to know if the needed wire harness from the console area to the package shelf area is already present and if the power shade controls can or need to be coded into the vehicle system to get the one touch up and down feature to work.
If you replace the parcel shelf with the one that has the sunshade in it then all you need is the switch button on the top of the console.

It is a trivial modification and requires a low level of skill for a Benz employee.

Here is a sample shopping list based on my own selection of colours and car options.

A 211 540 41 06 ......CABLE HARNESS..36.41
A 211 690 01 30 xxxx..COVERING ......36.41
A 211 690 03 49 xxxx..PANELING+SHADE.551.05
A 211 821 76 58 ......SWITCH

Now according to my math .... it must cost about $800 Euro or less than $1000 USD imported and about 2 hours of labour to fit.

THIS IS ONLY A SAMPLE ... NOT A DEFINITIVE LIST

1 - 4 of 4 Posts