Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1999 S320 LWB
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok here is the chronology of the details. My internal power switch for the external rear view mirrors went out a few weeks ago. I cannot adjust the mirrors or move them to fold out or in, no functionality. No big deal, the mirrors were in the correct positions, I can just get a new switch as the fuse was fine.

I went through a car wash, (yes the same one I used with the mirrors NOT folded in previously) but this time with the mirrors were pushed to a semi-folded position. After the car wash I pushed them back into place but now both sides have the same symptom. After pushing them back I noticed there is a small amount of “give” meaning they wobble just a bit, (the whole housing not the internal mirror), enough to wobble while I am driving, so in my peripheral vision I see the reflection of what is behind me wobble and vibrate.
This is incredibly annoying as it tends to focus your mind on these vibrating objects while driving. I know I need to replace the switch, however in the meanwhile I would like to get these things to stop wobbling, the car wash “forced push” caused the issue, obviously, I am at a loss as what to adjust within the mirrors to fix this, I don’t want to screw around and bust them completely.

Please help, this problem is annoying…

M

·
Registered
1993 300SEL (Sold) 2007 X5
7,218 Posts
You need to use the switch to pull them back in and then fold them out again, that usually fixes it.

But you have not switch - so you need to get that sorted first.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts