Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 92 500sl and the power mirror switch is broken. How in the world do you get the wood grain panel off to replace the switch??<br> <br> Thanks<br> <br> Mark

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
to remove the switch and the wood....<br> you have to remove the stereo and the climate control unit... the climate control just has a couple plugs that snap in... your stereo depends on what you have installed...<br> <br> once these two items are removed then you have to remove the trim ring around the shifter.... the outside trim ring, not the shifting gate..... <br> <br> next you open the compartment above the shifter and below the stereo.... with the flip door open, there should be a screw on the bottom compartment liner... remove that and then you will remove the plastic compartment liner... this will expose 2 screws that hold the wood down on each side... remove those...<br> <br> finally, VERY GENTLY wiggle the wood loose from the center, top and bottom very little a time... dont be rought or try and take it off in one force or from one end... you will cause stress on the wood and it may break.... hold it from the sides...there are some holding arms on the back of the wood that place into the console...<br> <br> BE VERY CAREFUL CAUSE THE WOOD IS FRAGILE...AND THIN IN THE CURVES... do this at your own risk, but thats how you remove it... ive removed mine several times...<br> <br> once the wood is off you can remove the dead switch from the back and pop a new one back in.... sure to be cheaper than in the shop...<br> <br> good luck<br> <br> t

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
T-<br> <br> Thanks for the reply back. I was ready to rebuild the whole interior before your response. <br> I got everything completed very easily!! Once you do it the right way, it was a piece of cake. <br> <br> Thanks again!!!!!!<br> <br> Mark

1 - 5 of 5 Posts