Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1991 500SL, 1993 300E
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know how the power locks operate? I don't have a remote nor will I buy one. The power locks did not work at all. I can lock the doors and trunk individualy with the key. I took the vacumn pump apart and determined that the motor was bad, so I replaced the motor with one from a 124. The pumps now runs, but still won't lock the doors. Testing the lines I found the rear compartments, counsol, door compartments and sunglass box works off of one line with vac to lock and pressure to unlock. My questions are:
  • do the doors work the same ie. one line, push pull vac?
  • are the junction boxes on top of the pump interchangeable? I took them off and don't remember which is which.
  • which line goes where? Is it critical?

·
Registered
E350 Sport
1,454 Posts
Does anyone know how the power locks operate? I don't have a remote nor will I buy one. The power locks did not work at all. I can lock the doors and trunk individualy with the key. I took the vacumn pump apart and determined that the motor was bad, so I replaced the motor with one from a 124. The pumps now runs, but still won't lock the doors. Testing the lines I found the rear compartments, counsol, door compartments and sunglass box works off of one line with vac to lock and pressure to unlock. My questions are:
  • do the doors work the same ie. one line, push pull vac?
  • are the junction boxes on top of the pump interchangeable? I took them off and don't remember which is which.
  • which line goes where? Is it critical?
download a manual for your vehicle from the stickies at the top of the main page and look under central locking.

mine is later and may not be the same procedure.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts