Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
557 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Today I had the other dealer look at my "CONFUSED" lift gate. It was working but every once in a while it would get confused and won't open. I asked the other dealership to look at it again after the dealer where I bought the car told me it is fine. It works totally different now. It snaps closed so much stronger and also it pops open with a lot more energy. IT WAS EXPLAINED TO ME THAT THERE IS A WIRE THAT GETS CAUGHT SOMEWHERE BEHIND THE MOVING PARTS AND CAUSES THE CONFUSION. GO GET YOURS FIXED. Here is what I got on the service sheet:

FUNCTION TEST-FOUND ANGLE RECOGNITION SENSOR NOT READING CORRECTLY-R&I HEADLINER &HYD PUMP FOUND HARNESS FOR SENSOR DAMAGED/ DISCONNECT/ CONNECT BAT. GROUND- REPAIRED HARNESS - CLEARED CODES- OK

·
Registered
124 Posts
Mitaka,

That's very interesting, I had experienced the same malfunction issues with my R's tailgate.
Interesting enough, I had to take my R to 2 dealers before it was fixed. The first dealer said they fixed the problem, but it was tested and immediately noted that it was not working normally. So, I took it to another dealership, and they worked on the R for like 10 days, they diagnosed every which way and apparently, just replaced the hydralic motor, a few sensors and the auto-locking latch. However, time to time the latch would "act-up".

I was thoroughly satisfied with the service that MB provided. And every since, I have taken my R to that dealer for servicing.

·
Registered
557 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
smxnyc,
i am assuming in are in th NY metro area. what dealer do you go to. I have had a few disappointing experiences at PRESTIGE in Paramus, but GLOBE in West Caldwell NJ is great! They have a great tranny guy there...

·
Registered
77 Posts
Thanks for the tip because I have the same problem but hasn't brought it to the dealer yet. I have a 2007 R-350 and it gets confused from time to time and I have to force the tailgate open to get it working again.

·
Registered
124 Posts
I take the R to Mercedes of Manhattan, the only factory owned dealership in the country...So far, they have the best service I have experienced. I should have bought the vehicle there instead of Helms Bros of bayside. In the future I will defin give MOM the first opportunity to win my business.

·
Registered
557 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I take the R to Mercedes of Manhattan, the only factory owned dealership in the country...So far, they have the best service I have experienced. I should have bought the vehicle there instead of Helms Bros of bayside. In the future I will defin give MOM the first opportunity to win my business.
Factory owned huh. Good to know. Thanks

·
Registered
49 Posts
Ok so I'm quite curious about the R 320 CDI. I've read this whole thread.
I must say that it sounds like I could approach MB and work on a dealer shop training system that would save MB a pile of money, could save lots of owners days of frustraition and time spent dealing with cars improperly repaired or diagnosed.

No doubt the MB cars are complicated vehicles with thousands of little niggly things that if not diagnosed - or repaired correctly will just continue being a major pain in the ass.

Makes me sad that such a cool vehicle with a name plate of MB has such a horrendous google search results. I'll continue my research on the R 320 CDI as I think it would be a fantastic replacement for two of my vehicles assuming that 90% of all the complaints and issues are all related to poor service - diagnosis or knowlege regarding how to fix or adjust items to get the bugs worked out. I will say that it seems the 2007's seem to show fewer comments about transmission issues etc. But again how much of that can be attributed to lacking skill or knowledge on the part of the dealers mechanics.

·
Registered
5,092 Posts
Makes me sad that such a cool vehicle with a name plate of MB has such a horrendous google search results.
You may want to review your Statistics 101.

It's pretty obvious the majority of your search results will describe problems.

I know I'm not about to make a separate post for every component on my car that has given no trouble at all.

"Horrendous" is a bit hysteric, don't you think?

·
W166, W251 Moderator
1,249 Posts
[Makes me sad that such a cool vehicle with a name plate of MB has such a horrendous google search results.[/QUOTE]
I know a copy ;)

On my 2008 R320, I had it in for 5 times with rear hatch problem before they could fix it.

The vehicle is fantastic for long time drive, and we just had a 4 hour trip from Fort Lauderdale down to the Key's and back, we managed 27,3MPG with highway drive @ speeds arround 85mph (just judge me, but florida trafic sometimes moves fast) and the rest was normal roads.
Our R320 has arround 7000miles now and I have heard that it only gets better on MPG as the car runs in.

The issue with the hatch was only fixed after we sent b y FedEx a final repair notice to MBUSA, I believe that the problem only came due to poor skills @ the shop. MB of Fort Lauderdale

1 - 9 of 9 Posts