1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
'80 500SE AMG '80 300SD '78 450SLC '00 Passat GLX Wagon
1,155 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was looking at the dyno chart in this thread:

http://benzworld.org/forums/forums/thread-view.asp?tid=1203914&posts=17&hl=dyno

which was the only one I could find in the last year (I had to limit the search to avoid it timing out) and it seems nothing at all like the power curve of my SE. Is that one a normal curve? Reason I ask is that in my SE there are 2 acceleration modes:

Below around 4K rpm it goes in a nice controlled fasion but nothing spectaular.
At around 4K it suddenly comes to life and throws you into the backseat (slight exaggeration [:)])

I wouldn't really have a problem with this as it makes the car easy to drive but with a serious kick when you want it but for the fact that under heavy acceleration when it shifts it sometimes looses too many RPM and hence the power goes away until it gets up over 4K again.

Any ideas what is going on?

·
Registered
1,155 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I wasn't too clear in the first post but I didn't mean that the car took off if I mashed the gas[:)] I was talking about steady pressure on the gas where the power just jumps massivly at around 4K.

Also keep in mind that I'm more used to my SD where the power curve (such as it is) is pretty much nothing until the turbo kicks in and then stays steady.

·
Registered
Depends on the day!
13,337 Posts
that's the nature of a 500 Euro..rather cammy.. Look in my gallerie for the dyno chart off my 560SEC. I have more torque but essentially the same (factory) hp peak. If you want to Know if your car is performing correctly I would recomend you find a dyno in your area..a lot of them have one night a week w/ specials. Here I can go to mine on Thursday nights, 50$ for 3 pulls:):)

Jonathan

·
Registered
1,155 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
jhodg5ck - 5/8/2005 6:40 AM

that's the nature of a 500 Euro..rather cammy.. Look in my gallerie for the dyno chart off my 560SEC. I have more torque but essentially the same (factory) hp peak. If you want to Know if your car is performing correctly I would recomend you find a dyno in your area..a lot of them have one night a week w/ specials. Here I can go to mine on Thursday nights, 50$ for 3 pulls:):)

Jonathan
Galleries were down last night so i couldn't see yours. I'll try again. So there is nothing I need to worry about? Thanks.

·
Registered
Depends on the day!
13,337 Posts
Here ya go:

Attachments

·
Registered
1,155 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
That sure looks like what the car feels like. Thanks.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts