Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
190e 2.6
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just recently replaced my factory head unit ('93 190e 2.6L) with a Panasonic in-dash CD player. The original head unit/integrated phone were trashed unfortunately, and it looks like the wires were all just cut from the previous owner. Needless to say, when the previous owner took out the integrated phone and started cutting wires, the power antenna was fried from the antenna "amplifier" on down. Well, after I hooked up the CD player correctly, I went to install a new aftermarket antenna. From the new antenna, I only have a pos.(red), remote (blue), and ground wire (black). From the car and old antenna, I have a brown (neg.), blue (remote), red (power?), and red/white stripe (power?). From the car, the red and red/white need to be connected for the trunk light to work, but when I connect them to the power wire from the antenna, the mast goes up and stays up! I've never seen this before, and I know that there has to be some sort of remote wire (blue-lead) override for the power wire. If anyone can help, I would GREATLY appreciate it![?]

·
Registered
2008 Xterra Off-Road
513 Posts
I'm not sure of the order, but if there is a 12v wire connected to the antenna (and its th...

I'm not sure of the order, but if there is a 12v wire connected to the antenna (and its the wrong one), it will just permanently trigger the antenna. It won't fry it but will just tell it to stay up constantly. I haven't been back there in a while, but keep in mind...

one ground
one power
one trigger
one for the actual signal

hope this helps??!!

·
Registered
W123 250 automatic
13 Posts
Antenna woes!

Hi!

Just replaced the radio in my 190E 2.6 as well. Ok, the antenna in my car needed the trigger cable to go to earth to pull the antenna down. The ant trigger cable from my Sony MD player only gives +12 when the radio is on and does not earth when off, but, the AMP REMote cabe does. Easy!!

Oliver[8D]

1 - 3 of 3 Posts