Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
86 300E/ 88 300TE
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This thing. New head so been sitting. Back together and fuel pressure now all draining back to tank... goes up to 80+ then immediately drops back to 25lbs. I just replaced the check valves and have the accumulator clamped off. I have good space between the FD plunger and arm, what are the possible issues here? I guess I could have FD issues tho it's a calibrated and rebuilt unit (not cheapo), and it's conceivable that one of the new ebay check valves is bad outa box... anything else that could cause this problem? Any way to manually check these valves to rule them out? Really flustered here... thanks for any ideas (89 M103 wagon).

·
Registered
86 300E/ 88 300TE
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
tuttlebenne, yes. Someone told me to cycle pumps with air flap wide open and look for puddle in the airflow body.

·
Premium Member
'92 300TE 4matic 280,000miles, '92 300TE 4Matic 'Ice Blue Metalic' 101,000miles
10,185 Posts
Even tho it's pinched off (rubber line)? thanks
Missed that in the description. You only clamp it off to test it...unclamp it if it passed the test. Not sure why you still have it clamped off?

Kevin

·
Registered
86 300E/ 88 300TE
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Solved. Somehow, a good used FD did the trick. All good but have some weird popping issues at high rpm. Mixture spot on, every other dang thing is new, might start a new thread.

·
Registered
1989 W124 260E
1,124 Posts
What condition are your electrics in .Like distributor leads rotor arm and your plugs .. To answer this -did it run well before fd replacment ?. Tak a look at it running in the dark for tell tail signs of blueish flashes.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts