Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello All,

I am currently borrowing a 1995 C36 from a guy whose asking $18,400 for this '95 w/76k miles. It seems middle of the road pricewise. My mechanics have looking it over and given me a few thumbs up and a few 'keep an eye on this's. Do you owners have any tips on A) what to look for on the car and B) what you think its worth $$ wise

thanks
}:)
- d e v v i e

·
Registered
1998 C43 AMG
95 Posts
The price sure isn't bad. The only thing to look for, is make sure it has had it's regular...

The price sure isn't bad. The only thing to look for, is make sure it has had it's regular services, and check the brakes - make sure they have been done properly. These massive disk brakes must be taken care of. On another note, there is a man in Omaha, by the name of Chris Stout. He is selling his 1996, loaded C36 for 21,000$ I believe, and he has 40,000 miles. I am not sure where you are located or your budget, but if you can spend a couple grand extra, Chris' is probably the nicest 36 available.

check out www.cstout.com

Wyatt

·
Registered
98 C43, 91 LotusElan
12 Posts
I was recently looking for a c36 but ended up with a c43 (its on its way), where are y...

I was recently looking for a c36 but ended up with a c43 (its on its way), where are you located? I found a real nice c36 1 owner, who fanatically cares for his cars. the car is in Pleasanton California. the car already has 18in AMG rims, and has 76k miles. He is asking in the 19k range. pics can be found @
www.carbuffs.com
fwiw, i drove the car and it was in nice shape, both mechanically and cosmetically.

good luck

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
C36

I bought the car on Thursday for $17,300. There are a few cosmetic things here and there but overall its nice. We'll see how it holds up. Now the sad task of selling my beloved 968 :(

- d e v v i e

·
Registered
2000 E55, 1995 C36
11 Posts
C36 for sale

I have a 1995 C36 with 61,000 miles for sale. It has a 2 year warranty with almost everything covered, and many extras including a shock sensored alarm and custom suspension. I am asking only $19,500 for it. If you are interested email me at [email protected] Thanks.

·
Registered
2001 KLEEMANN C24K
33 Posts
I would strongly recommend getting some type of warranty. Esp one that has rental car cov...

I would strongly recommend getting some type of warranty. Esp one that has rental car coverage. I had a 1995 C36 and when parts would go bad it would take forever to fix. My water pump went out and took 45 days to fix. Its because this is a unique car that doesnt share many parts with any other car. Most parts need to come from AMG which can take forever. The reason mine took so long was there was a storm and they sent the wrong parts. Anyways, the C36 is a great car but due to the lack of parts I sold mine when my warranty ran out.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts