Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Premium Member
'72 350SL, '85 300D, '98 E320, '19 Subaru Outback (sold '14 GLK250)
10,327 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has any one noticed that it no longer matters what size the jpg is when you post a picture. BW automatically resizes the file before uploading.

I used to have to go to another software program to compress the pics to below the max size (688Kb) that BW still specifies. But, by accident, I found that if I plug my Cannon's SD card into the laptop and then navigate to it (when using the Manage Attachments method), BW will automatically reduce the 2+Mb file to about 40Kb and then upload it. No excuse to not post pics when it is this easy!

PS: I posted following message on another BW forum. For newbies wanting to know how to post pics, it may help:

http://www.benzworld.org/forums/w203-c-class/1549247-post-pictures.html#post4439394

·
R/C107 Moderator
1986 560SL: '84 500SL: '84 280SL 5 speed: other 107s
32,321 Posts
Thanks. I too have had to go to another program to resize photos. Cool.

·
Registered
1987 560SL
3,524 Posts
I just post the pics to photobucket, then put the link in the message. This way, it posts what I wanted to show.

·
R/C107 Moderator
1986 560SL: '84 500SL: '84 280SL 5 speed: other 107s
32,321 Posts
But that is an external link. Too much work to click it.
Just kidding. But if you want to post it to the component link or show a location I prefer to post on the site here.

·
Premium Member
10,327 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
There are lots of ways of posting, but the new Manage Attachments with auto resizing is by far the quickest. Try it you will like it! :D

·
Outstanding Contributor , Bob's Your Uncle!
-----'83 280 SL----- 5 speed....The PIG
29,495 Posts
Has anyone else noticed that you can get more than five pix in to a post, despite the fact that it seems like you can only do five per?
10 per post.
Upload 5 at a time.

·
Outstanding Contributor , Bob's Your Uncle!
-----'83 280 SL----- 5 speed....The PIG
29,495 Posts
Has any one noticed that it no longer matters what size the jpg is when you post a picture. BW automatically resizes the file before uploading.

I used to have to go to another software program to compress the pics to below the max size (688Kb) that BW still specifies. But, by accident, I found that if I plug my Cannon's SD card into the laptop and then navigate to it (when using the Manage Attachments method), BW will automatically reduce the 2+Mb file to about 40Kb and then upload it. No excuse to not post pics when it is this easy!

PS: I posted following message on another BW forum. For newbies wanting to know how to post pics, it may help:

http://www.benzworld.org/forums/w203-c-class/1549247-post-pictures.html#post4439394
Well, this is news to me.

I have been taking pictures with my dig camera at the lowest res just so I could upload them to BW.

·
Registered
1987 560SL (L.Tonk) [92,700 miles]
313 Posts
I've been using a combination of IrfanView (Windows) and ImageMagick (command-line) to do my resizing.

However, I've not figured out how to embed the photos directly in the post -- I'm still uploading to my webserver and linking to get that done.

I usually take the photo on my iphone, e-mail it to myself, upload to the webserver, resize and finally link via the post. Whew!

·
Premium Member
10,327 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I've been using a combination of IrfanView (Windows) and ImageMagick (command-line) to do my resizing.

However, I've not figured out how to embed the photos directly in the post -- I'm still uploading to my webserver and linking to get that done.

I usually take the photo on my iphone, e-mail it to myself, upload to the webserver, resize and finally link via the post. Whew!
If you are happy to have the picture at the bottom of your post, don't do anything with the pic. Just use Manage Attachments (in the Additional Options box right below Reply to Thread ). Browse to your pics and upload them. BW will make them a suitable size.

If you want them in a specific location within your text, then you need to upload them to a host's server. Then use the insert image icon in the message bar to enter the link address. Pic can then be any size so far as BW is concerned, but you probably need to compress it so the host server isn't overloaded.

My original post in this thread showed a link that used both methods.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts