Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

941 - 952 of 952 Posts

·
Registered
2003 ml500, 2004 ml350
942 Posts
Saw this at local pick a part.
Don’t know if it is a silver bar that has been painted black or it came that way.
Also has black running boards that look factory and have Mercedes benz on them.

·
Purple Moderator
99 ML430, 00 ML320, 05 E500 4matic Wagon
21,941 Posts
In 1999 a buyer could get the bar in black. We ordered ours that way.
It also came with a very beefy skid plate.

·
Registered
1999 ML430
1,562 Posts
Man, next time you go, you should snag that bad boy !!

I've got the exact the same bull bar on my 1999 ML430 and it is GREAT ! Little extra protection for the front end and a the perfect height for installing driving lights. Mine is chrome and I ordered it along with the W163 back in 1998...it was a MB accessory and a great design. I had the dealer install before delivery but its easy to remove and reattach with the factory hardware and mounting locations. Quality hardware...and could be replaced in chrome.
I would ask you to pull it for me, along with the hardware, and I would make it worth your time and effort, but shipping to Atlanta would be pricy !!

·
Registered
1999 ML430
1,562 Posts

I've got the exact the same bull bar on my 1999 ML430 and it is GREAT ! Little extra protection for the front end and a the perfect height for installing driving lights. Mine is chrome and I ordered it along with the W163 back in 1998...it was a MB accessory and a great design. I had the dealer install before delivery but its easy to remove and reattach with the factory hardware and mounting locations. Quality hardware...and could be replaced in chrome.
I would ask you to pull it for me, along with the hardware, and I would make it worth your time and effort, but shipping to Atlanta would be pricy !!

Attachments

·
Registered
2003 ml500, 2004 ml350
942 Posts
I am going to see what they charge for it. Going on other items I have purchased I am guessing 20 ish? Of course there is some scuffing on it but a quick go over with a rattle can. Frieght is a really weird thing if you have an interest pm me.

1. Does yours have a flat bar that goes through the bumper grill?

·
Registered
1999 ML430
1,562 Posts
Yep, it is IDENTICAL to the one in your picture....! From what I can see, it appears to be in very good condition. Main
thing is to be careful disassembling and save all the little bits and pieces. As far as shipping, the least expensive way possible. No hurry to get it, but its pretty heavy with the s/steel skid plate and all the associated hardware.I would guess somewhere around thirty pounds.

I believe your PAP pricing is about right. You might show them the picture and see what they would charge before going to the trouble...

·
Outstanding Contributor
2002 ML320, 2003 A160, 2002 ML500, 2018 GLS350d
4,295 Posts
... do my eyes deceive me, or do I see Parktronic on that 500 of yours?

Parktronic was a rare factory-fitted option. Maybe they only offered it for ML500.

·
Registered
1999 ML430
1,562 Posts
You nailed it !! I have never seen one, but they appear to be nothing but headaches. Just too many panels that have to operate perfectly for it to be reliable. MB doesn't screw up very often but this one was monumental !!

Can't remember EVER seeing a post where an owner was actually happy with this expensive option !!

941 - 952 of 952 Posts