Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
e500
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have an E500 2003 and I have a service F due in 3000kms. Can anyone please give me a list of things that the shop does for this service.

Thank you all.

·
Premium Member
2006 E55: 1999 ML430; 2002 E430 4matic; 1988 190E 2.3; 1993 XL883
301 Posts
Review the A & B services and the thread on service D

This is a quote from WikiAnswers on F service:

In 2003 Mercedes Benz launched FSS Plus and service went from easily understandable to ultra confusing. Service F means your E class has a list of maintenance it needs done. What that specifically is, I cannot tell you without seeing the car. I would need to connect the car to a diagnostic system and "read" what service the vehicle is calling for. A good rule of thumb is however, for each increase in letter value, you can assume one hour of technician labor. In this case F=6 approx hours of work. This does not include parts, but is designed as a time estimate. (See Below)

Svc Time it takes

A about 1 hr
B about 2 hrs
C about 3 hrs
D about 4 hrs
E about 5 hrs
F about 6 hrs
G about 7 hrs
H about 8 hrs

I have not seen a car beyond Service H. I worked in a Mercedes Shop for over 6 years, and have been present for all E-class redesigns.

·
Registered
2006 CLK 350
1,133 Posts
How many miles do you have on the car??? The maint. manual will tell you what to do at that mileage... :)

·
Registered
2003 E320 - wife's car now; 07 Porsche Boxster S - my car!!
637 Posts
I have an E500 2003 and I have a service F due in 3000kms. Can anyone please give me a list of things that the shop does for this service.

Thank you all.
Search around for a post I did with the FSS info -- you can step thru yours and see exactly which service items are due.

Regards,
paul...

·
Registered
2006 CLK 350
1,133 Posts
:thumbsup: Ya.. 60,000 miles Major Service !!!

You should change all filters and fluids !!! Even the rear axle and especially the automatic transmission filter and fluid (don't believe the 100,000 mile service) or you better start saving $5,000 for a rebuilt tranny.

Be sure to change the Cabin Charcoal (Carbon) air filter too.

With the price of gas.. you better change the spark plugs too, clean and use the old plugs as a backup.

Change all belts.... save the old belts as a backup.

Service F is a 6 hour service that can be done in 4 hours.

Did I leave anything out?

Good Luck .. :)

·
Registered
e500
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
i called my MB dealer and she said service F includes an oil & oil filter(5w-40) change, fuel filter and brake oil. and cost about $700 cnd.

·
Registered
e500
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
then i called an other MB dealer and he said around $500. so dont know where to take it. HELP plz. thanx

·
Registered
2006 CLK 350
1,133 Posts
Do you have an extended warranty on the car?

If not, then take it to an independent shop and have them do everything I told you above for $500 !!!

Get the Transmission filter and oil changed now!!!

Good Luck

·
Registered
e500
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #12 (Edited)
thanx unitfreebie. no i don't have an extended warranty on the car. the Transmission was serviced at 84000 km (52000miles), front brakes were done fuel filter & V belt were replaced. performed US service 12, 13, and air filter was replace at the same time.
all this was done on june 2007. now the car has 96000 kms(60000 miles). i think i should just get an oil & oil filter changed. what u guys think.

thanx for the help.

·
Registered
2006 CLK 350
1,133 Posts
Assuming your car is using Mobil 1 synthetic oil, you can wait another 1000 miles or if the oil looks "dirty" go ahead and change it.

Read the thread in the W211 Forum " I think they put regular oil in my car, now what" ... lots of good information about the correct oil to use as all Mobil 1 oils do not have the "MB approval 229.5" rating.

Good Luck :thumbsup:

·
Registered
2006 CLK 350
1,133 Posts
DIY Oil Change for CLK (with Pix) !!!

:thumbsup: go to the W208 forum and look at the above thread ... there is PDF for both the Oil Drain method and the Oil Suction Extractor method.

I would prefer the oil suction method.... go to amazon.com and buy the suction device there.

Good Luck :D

·
Registered
222.132 & 221.122 & 213.050 & 906.633
10,425 Posts
how hard is it to do DIY oil change. thanx.
Impossible to say what is easy for each one but DIY oil change isn't a lot more complicated than opening the hood and checking oil level from the stick, if you have a suction pump. The filter of course needs to be changed but if you do it carefully and follow the advice on O-rings etc. it would not be a big issue.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts