Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
Mercedes 420 SEL
617 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
If you could post up what you have in 16 and 17 inch would be great.

I did a quick search, but hard to wade through the messages for a set of wheels.

I'm looking at replacing my 15s with either 16 or 17 original wheels, maybe in chrome, but might be a bit too much.

Thanks

·
Registered
Mercedes 420 SEL
617 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Those are very nice. I'm looking at the photo gallery section, but they don't necessarily say what size or brand.

Thanks for the photo!

Also, are there any take-offs on later year Mercedes that fit our year cars? (w126).

Appreciate any insight you might have....

·
Mercedes
9,046 Posts
Here are mine... hopefully they'll be put on in the summer(July/August). They're the same as Bruce's but mine have the centers painted body color.

·
Registered
1991 300 SE
18,534 Posts
guarddog said:
...are there any...later year Mercedes that fit our year cars? (w126).

The rims in my sig pic are from a 1999 CLK 320 (w208), a 5mm spacer is needed for the front to clear the grease caps and in the rear to clear the calipers but they otherwise fit and ride fine.

·
Registered
'90 300 CE, '91 560 SEC, (R.I.P.) '82 300SD (sold)
1,234 Posts
Mine are the same as Snibble's. Silver center/polished outer

·
Registered
'85 500SEL
1,829 Posts
Sharif, your wheels look spectacular!
I can't wait to see your car with all the pieces fitted together

Here's the 'AMG Aero-1 Monoblock' 17x8" 235/45 tyres, on some POS clunker

·
Registered
1966 250SE Cab, 1989 500SEL euro
3,570 Posts
Depends on the car:

The w124 daily driver - Ronal R9s in 16":

The w123 AMG with 15" AMG wheels (original) - it's FOR SALE:

My new one, and I haven't even taken my own photos yet - the 500SL AMG with 16s:

·
Registered
Mercedes 420 SEL
617 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks for the responses guys, appreciated.

I'm going with the 16 inch Tirerack ASA Type 8 painted.

Need to figure out tires. The Continental Conti Premier's look really good, but the Khumos seem to be a pretty good value for a good tire. Need to do a bit more research.

·
Mercedes
9,046 Posts
nomada said:
Sharif, your wheels look spectactular!
I can't wait to see your car with all the pieces fitted together

Here's the 'AMG Aero-1 Monoblock' 17x8" 235/45 tyres, on some POS clunker
Thanks Damon:)

POS clunker? LMAO.... your car is on the opposite side of that scale. Lets not forget who's car been selected car of the month before;)

BTW.. my 190E AMG has the wheels that you've posted from the AMG catalog.
7.5 x 16 ET40 they're silver/stock at the moment... but I'm contemplating having them painted body color (MB199) and having the lip polished. Won't do it any time soon though

·
Registered
'90 560SEL
2,551 Posts
I'm still toying with the idea of refurbishing my originals to lower car colour, and having the teeny weeny lip machined.
Tyres are undeniably cheap in 15", and the ride comfort improvement on a longer journey over my 18" 129 staggered wheels is a lure.

·
Registered
'85 500SEL
1,829 Posts
Snibble said:
BTW.. my 190E AMG has the wheels that you've posted from the AMG catalog.
7.5 x 16 ET40 they're silver/stock at the moment... but I'm contemplating having them painted body color (MB199) and having the lip polished. Won't do it any time soon though
They're great wheels, colour coding them would a good thing
A friend of mine has them in W126 offset sitting in his garage, I should make him an offer I think

I like how the lip is flatter than the the 17" versions, having it polished would look real nice
Although I prefer the flat faced 17" as opposed to the slightly convex face of the 16"

·
Registered
2,074 Posts
Yes, but they need refinishing. The two fronts have some minor pitting (you have to look for it, from 3 feet they look fine), and one rear is peeling on the inner lip. The other rear is perfect.

Most people do not know where to get stuff rechromed and/or do not want the hassle, so I figured I'd run them on the car since they look so great until someone wanted them.

By the way, you can get wheels chromed in body color! Check out www.sikindustries.com/KolorKhrome.html and their sister company > Wheel Techniques <.

B

·
Registered
1982 380SE AMG euro(parted out),1983 300SD "Good Girl", 1984 500SEL AMG euro "Bad Girl"
3,256 Posts

·
Registered
84 500SEL AMG, 90 560SEC AMG, 85 500SEC AMG Widebody
1,845 Posts
Original AMG 5 spoke 8x16 ET11 with polished lips (not clear coated) and body colored center.

Al

Attachments

1 - 20 of 22 Posts