Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1741 - 1760 of 2145 Posts

·
It Is What It Is, Dude
22,829 Posts

tfvesquire, this thread isn't the best place to tell your story. We do want to see and read what you're doing but you need to start your own dedicated thread.

·
It Is What It Is, Dude
22,829 Posts

tfvesquire, this thread isn't the best place to tell your story. We do want to see and read what you're doing but you need to start your own dedicated thread.

·
Registered
149 Posts
My Bad..........

Sorry about that. I guess considering you have over 20K posts and posted this suggestion two times that I'll take the hint.

I don't think I need to start a separate thread to "tell my story", but I will continue to post updates on one or more of the threads I've started for those interested.

Ted

·
Outstanding Contributor , Bob's Your Uncle!
29,063 Posts
Sorry about that. I guess considering you have over 20K posts and posted this suggestion two times that I'll take the hint.

I don't think I need to start a separate thread to "tell my story", but I will continue to post updates on one or more of the threads I've started for those interested.

Ted
Dave is one of our Mods here. There is some forum etiquette involved with his suggestion. It's great that you posted your SL photos here because that is what this thread is dedicated to......showing off your SL.

But restoration updates are best served in a dedicated thread where everyone interested knows where to look.....much easier to follow along.

·
Registered
7,563 Posts
Hey, Ted!
Glad to see another 380 coming back to life. Mine was 3 years, though...:eek
And I'm still meddling with the old girl...
If you ask nicely, I'm sure one of the wonderful mods here would move your posts and help you create your own thread. I, for one, am very interested...
I see you need an ashtray, send me a PM, I'd be willing to send you the spare one that I have.
Bandit

·
Registered
149 Posts
Already found an ashtray assembly

Hey, Ted!
If you ask nicely, I'm sure one of the wonderful mods here would move your posts and help you create your own thread. I, for one, am very interested...
I see you need an ashtray, send me a PM, I'd be willing to send you the spare one that I have.
Bandit
Hi There:

Thank you for the reply and offer on the ashtray. I already sourced and purchased an replacement HVAC bezel, ashtray assembly and shifter console bezel.

Like I stated in my previous posts, I am not really into starting a full on resto thread like you did from day one until the present. No offense to you and I enjoyed reading along on your MB and friendship/family sagas. I just don't have the time to post updates like you did. BTW, you really did a number on that car and turned it around for the better. I can honestly say I would ahve walked away from that car in a heartbeat when I saw all teh bodywork it needed. Kudos to you and your on and off again welder and bodyman friend.

I think I lucked out in many ways with the car I picked up only a few weeks ago. I will most likely post separate threads to get info or to troubleshoot as I go.

Take care and have a Happy Easter.

Ted

·
Registered
8,089 Posts
Perth_450SLC_owner - AWESOME RIDE !

·
Registered
149 Posts
Might just need that ashtray after all

Hey, Ted!
Bandit
Hi There:

I know I responded that I did not need the extra ashtray assembly you have, but it looks like I am going to need the internal ashtray bracket after all. When I went to install the ashtray I bought, it came with the ashtray bracket that screws into the dash and plugs into the harness for power. However, when I tried to plug the bracket into the harness, one of the male plug ends broke off of the bracket inside the harness plug. I was able to get the broken piece out, but now the bracket is useless.

Any chance you can sell me your bracket for a reasonable price. I don't need the flip-out ashtray, but if you have to sell both pieces together I understand. Just let me know when you get a chance.

Thanks!!

Ted

·
Registered
1,740 Posts
My 450

Love it.

Though I liked the crackle of the true straight exhaust on these cars I added resonators only, straight through type... no mufflers. It sounds like a proper Euro coupe' rather than a Chevy truck.

Attachments

·
Registered
78 Posts
http:

February of 2016 will mark 30 years of ownership of my 82 280 SL, purchased from the original owner in Germany on February 21, 1986. Earlier this month I was awarded the MBCA Silver Star Certificate recognizing the preservation of originality and maintenance of functionality. Only points deducted (lost) were for chrome eyebrows, stainless steel exhaust and leather cover on steering wheel.

Attachments

·
Registered
94 Posts
6 hours of work and ready to show!

The SO and I worked hard this weekend and loved the results! Will be showing next Saturday at a regional show in El Dorado Hills. Lots of fun and great cars.:grin

Attachments

·
Registered
150 Posts
in front of cityhall ...

not so much her alone, but a great background ...

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Leuven_Town_Hall

My niece got married last friday, they asked if they could do it in style, I said "Sure, you can borrow the Merc." :laugh

Attachments

·
Registered
42 Posts
Had my 1985 380SL partially restored at Bud's Benz in Georgia. Picked it up about 2 weeks ago. A complete interior restoration was done including dash restoration. While the dash was out, all of the a/c vent controls were replaced. Paint touch-up done on rocker panels, wheel wells, and front spoiler. New suspension, brake hoses and exhaust system. All new weather-stripping and a new canvas top were installed. The car only has 76,000 miles on it. It is light ivory exterior with palomino leather interior.

Attachments

1741 - 1760 of 2145 Posts
About this Discussion
2.1K Replies
559 Participants
Xracing51
Mercedes-Benz Forum
BenzWorld.org forum is one of the largest Mercedes-Benz owner websites offering the most comprehensive collection of Mercedes-Benz information anywhere in the world. The site includes MB Forums, News, Galleries, Publications, Classifieds, Events and much more!
Full Forum Listing