Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

2141 - 2159 of 2159 Posts

·
Outstanding Contributor
21,827 Posts
Needs motor to back that all up. What’s under the hood?

Edit. Oh damn! Weakest (power) motor ever installed in a 107, a US Spec, probably single row timing chain, Chrysler climate control US spec 3.8 with a Temperature problem, broken gas gauge or reserve light, probable vacuum leak, high idle, 5200 rpm redline, relatively low oil pressure, and an 85 mph speedometer.

Talk about all show and no go!

·
Registered
7 Posts
You could make a big improvement in appearance by putting on a matched set of tires (no white walls), and doing something about those bumpers (either replace with Euro or do a Bumper Tuck).
I’ve only today received the title so a lot of improvements are going to begin. I’ll post pics as I go.

·
Outstanding Contributor
21,827 Posts
I’ve got to get some of these off to the farm. The red US 1979 450sl is rotted and slow, but with the cheap red paint job over the original brown, and my (almost 13 year old) daughter has set her sights on it and would like to restore it. I guess it’s next to come into the driveway for “restoration” either way. It’s not nice enough to even sell yet. So the others go off to the farm to get stored in the barn I guess. Rare sighting of four r107 in a row... even rare for me. Even though they all run, they are all currently still junk though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
924 Posts
Gorgeous pic and gorgeous car Richard - black on black is a timeless classic.

I also took my Eleanor for probably the final spin this summer, down the Wild Atlantic Coast in the West of Ireland. She's not going for winter hibernation though, instead I'm stripping her down for a full body respray :)

·
Outstanding Contributor
21,827 Posts
The red one seems to have too may wheels!
LOL. Yes. I pinned the car dolly between two of them to assure it wouldn’t disappear.

The red one has gone into my driveway for work, and the light blue one (350sl 4-speed stick with a 4.5 in it) and the dolly have now gone off to the farm for storage. It’s not too common I’ve got 4 SLs lined up like that for my own project car GTG.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
220 Posts
Out and about on the "burn off all the oil I spilled while changing the timing chain guides" run. The last top-down day of 2019. Hard-top goes on at Thanksgiving, and then off to the barn two weeks later. Had the trunk deck repainted this summer and they did a top-notch job matching the Metallic Cabernet paint.

2141 - 2159 of 2159 Posts