Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

2121 - 2140 of 2145 Posts

·
Registered
765 Posts
All the fancy wheels and wide tires are nice but...I like mine with steel wheels, old school hub caps and 205/70/14 tires...
I understand what your are saying and your car looks amazing, but when you put wheels on like actin did, it really takes the whole car to a different level, giving the car a sportier appearance and bringing out its true design IMO.

Attachments

·
Registered
6,601 Posts
1982 500sl

You could make a big improvement in appearance by putting on a matched set of tires (no white walls), and doing something about those bumpers (either replace with Euro or do a Bumper Tuck).

·
Registered
6 Posts
Just saw this thread and thought I would post a few pics of what I'm working on. A 1973 450SL I inherited from my father about 2 years ago. He imported it to Denmark from the US in 2010 and just drove like It was pretty much. (a few required repairs along the way). He was not without the ability to restore it since already restored another car to mint condition, but just didn't have the strength to do this one. He and I worked on it together so it was a keeper for me. Since I got it I have started the restoration I think it deserves and within my abilities. Man! They are expensive to retore! :smile Most have taken place under the bonnet and underneath so far, but planning a complete engine out (timing chain replacement) and respray in the same color. So far I have changed all bushings in suspension, springs, shocks, engine electrical, refurbished injectors and on and on. But anyway here is my baby, and thank you all for the enormous amount of information about everything in here. Hope to give something back later that haven't been posted already.

Attachments

·
Registered
350 Posts
Very nice looking 450, Lars. It already looks perfect in your pics. It's nice that you and your father had the chance to do some work on it together. As good as it looks now, it will be a real stunner when you're finished.

·
Registered
2,006 Posts
oooooh shiny...
best I can do...

2121 - 2140 of 2145 Posts
About this Discussion
2.1K Replies
559 Participants
Xracing51
Mercedes-Benz Forum
BenzWorld.org forum is one of the largest Mercedes-Benz owner websites offering the most comprehensive collection of Mercedes-Benz information anywhere in the world. The site includes MB Forums, News, Galleries, Publications, Classifieds, Events and much more!
Full Forum Listing