Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

2101 - 2120 of 2159 Posts

·
Registered
373 Posts
The paint treatment turned out great, RLT61! I'm impressed by the reflection in the door. Your result for $600 sounds a lot better than $5,500-6,000.

·
Registered
1,243 Posts
The paint treatment turned out great, RLT61! I'm impressed by the reflection in the door. Your result for $600 sounds a lot better than $5,500-6,000.
Thanks benztag. I had serious doubts about anybody being able to rescue the paint on my car. Some areas, under certain light conditions, looked like Mercedes prepped the base coat with 60 grit sandpaper prior to applying the clear coat. Most of that is barely noticeable now. We’ll see how long it’ll last.

·
Premium Member
2,263 Posts
Did not want to start a new thread just for a wheel pic. I bought a set of 3 inch Mercedes logo center caps on ebay for $14 to replace the ugly 2.5 inch nondescript center caps on my +1 wheels. Use a Dremel to enlarge the hole, here is how it turned out today, last pic is the before view.

Attachments

·
Outstanding Contributor
21,827 Posts
Did not want to start a new thread just for a wheel pic.

I bought a set of ... ugly ... +1 wheels.

Use a Dremel to enlarge the hole, here is how it turned out today, last pic is the before view.

Nice work with the Dremel!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
55 Posts
Love the look of the BBS MrSpock. A great upgrade. I also was not fond of the bundts and upgraded the wheels. Made a world of difference.

·
Registered
1,416 Posts
First top down day in Suolahti - no more snowing :))

I am so happy to take 560SL out of winter garage today - no more snowing.

I took SL in traffic and then we drove to next town Jyvaskula..

Whether is today more than exellent for speedster and covertible driving - just driving and enjoy.

Happy me !

Attachments

·
Registered
74 Posts
While many of you are just getting your cars out for the first top down drives of the season, my SL season has come to an end. I am leaving tomorrow for several months in Italy.

Yesterday and today I took both SLs for short rides and today tucked them away for the summer. I took the opportunity to take a few pictures of the cars together for the first time.

Attachments

·
Registered
74 Posts
Now that I am retired, I am available to exercise the 113 for you, if needs be!

Have a great summer in Italy!
Thanks Chief.

As you can imagine, no shortage of volunteer drivers around here! I would trust them to exercise them on the street, but the way the four cars are shoehorned into the garage, I wouldn’t trust them to get them out and back in safely!

Sorry, I tried three times and was unable to get the pictures right side up?:frown..... Heeeelp!!

Attachments

·
Premium Member
2,355 Posts
Thanks Chief.

As you can imagine, no shortage of volunteer drivers around here! I would trust them to exercise them on the street, but the way the four cars are shoehorned into the garage, I wouldn’t trust them to get them out and back in safely!

Sorry, I tried three times and was unable to get the pictures right side up?:frown..... Heeeelp!!
Here ya go...

Upsidedown1.jpg

Upsidedown2.jpg

·
Premium Member
2,263 Posts
OT 1923 MB Indy Car

Not my SL but I ran across this Mercedes Indy car during the rolling legends tour yesterday in Urbana OH, did not know it existed. Like the SL it is a roomy two seater roadster.

Attachments

·
Registered
2 Posts
Greetings,
New Member here lookin' to jump in somewhere:"ello!"
Here's the car I spent the last year through Winter building, and now is my daily driver for Summer .... Not looking to sell it anytime in this lifetime.
Pleased also to report has survived a few 90F degree days just fine thus far!
My only car, 1975 450sl with 450rwhp 490 Torque and 4 speed Trans.
A Hell of a difficult conversion. But well worth the work. I have been through every major system on this car. And appreciate this forum in past. Here's with your help the result.
Regards,
~GNG

Attachments

2101 - 2120 of 2159 Posts