Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 20 of 78 Posts

·
Registered
1985 500SL 130K (Horst)
4,442 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Tomorrow I'm taking SWMBO to look at a year old Airedale that someone is looking to sell. From what I've read these dogs need to get out. So do I, but I do it in the SL. Thinking about killing two birds with one stone, SWMBO and I and the Airedale getting out in the SL all at once. Figuring the dog can sit itself on the back platform and drool down my neck. Does anyone take their dog with them in the SL? And how do you strap them in? Pictures please.:)

This pic is for Nobby:

Attachments

·
Outstanding Contributor , Bob's Your Uncle!
-----'83 280 SL----- 5 speed....The PIG
29,512 Posts
I've had Buster (Boston Terrier) with me in the pasenger seat.

He likes it because he knows we are going to the lake for the upgraded walk.

But the poor little fucker has bat ears so he's not a friend of the wind or buffeting.

·
Registered
1973 450 SL
1,126 Posts
They wear harnesses which are attached to a strap that is attached to a bracket under the package tray. I see people carting their dogs around in the back of pickup trucks and other convertibles without harnesses and it just makes me wonder what planet they come from!

·
Registered
1989 560 SL - Signal Red & Palomino; 2011 C-300 - Black on Black 4MATIC
1,153 Posts
They have run of the house, in fact, they even use the living room furniture more than we do. When traveling, they cruise in a BMW SUV, but as far as the SL goes, sorry Girls!! :D :D

Attachments

·
Registered
1985 500SL 130K (Horst)
4,442 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
They wear harnesses which are attached to a strap that is attached to a bracket under the package tray.
I figured I'd be setting something up like that.

Perhaps something like this, which by the way the dog modeling is an Airedale. Though that guy looks a bit big, could be a "Mountain Airedale"

Attachments

·
Registered
1985 500SL 130K (Horst)
4,442 Posts
Discussion Starter #14 (Edited)
They have run of the house, in fact, they even use the living room furniture more than we do. When traveling, they cruise in a BMW SUV, but as far as the SL goes, sorry Girls!! :D :D
Beautiful dogs. Looks like something got the attention of the one pictured on top. Probably the postman.

·
Registered
1982 380SL/1955 Austin A30/2014 VW Beetle convertible/2005 Honda CRV/1964 Mobylette moped
96 Posts
Here's my old dog (r.i.p.) hanging out the day I brought the 380 home.

Attachments

·
Registered
1982 380SL/1955 Austin A30/2014 VW Beetle convertible/2005 Honda CRV/1964 Mobylette moped
96 Posts
...and here's one with the new dog. This was in April, midnight, waiting at the Buffalo Amtrak station for my daughter to come in from college. You can tell it's my 380, right? There's alot of dog in the picture.

Attachments

1 - 20 of 78 Posts