Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Sorry about that guys here's my story I have a 1990 300E 2.6, I put in a Used Engine, a 3.0 1989 SEL recently. The new engine is Strong and Runs Well, However the following happend to me twice. I put the car in Drive and the Car didnt move,i had to try it again and it worked. Any ideas why this happened? is this noraml when an engine chaged or what?

Thanks

·
Registered
Depends on the day!
13,337 Posts
are you sure it's in drive? What kind of shape are your shift linkage bushings in?

Jonathan

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Iam sure its in Drive, this is my first car, my first Mercedes, so i dont know how to answer your second question.

Thanks for you response,

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I hope youre right, i just spent two grand on the car, for the enige, installment, ext ext. god i hope your right.

·
Registered
1987 Mercedes 300e
400 Posts
k, im going to use this topic for my question if you dont mind.. i as well think that have tranny problems. i am now experiencing what i can describe and slipping and rough shifts. i experience a slipping shift from 3-4 where i keep moving, the engine revvs up, theres no hard kick feeling and i keep going ( revvs up to around 3k rpm) then when i shift in between 1-2 and 2-3 , there is a hard kick to it especially if i floor it ( stopped ever since) shift points are at 4000rpm for 1-2 and 6000 rpm for 2-3. i was thinking of softening the transmission modulator but i didn't want to do anything that doesn't need to be done. transmission fluid was changed about 4000 miles ago. and the car is not driven much, just to and from school. ideas?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts