Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Dont know what exactly happend, but I think, I turned of the variable volume on the stereo, where the faster you drive the louder the volume gets. Usually this happen when you get to about 40mph the volume increases, and then more as you go faster. <br>
<br>
OK, here is what I did, without the key in the ignition:<br>
<br>
1. turn on the stereo<br>
2. press and hold the power button (power should still stay on, and stereo still playing)<br>
3. while still holding the power button push the 'UP' arrow on the stereo,power should go off.<br>
4. release both buttons, and imediatly press the down arrow.<br>
5. now press the power button again, and the dispaly will show 'MUTED'.<br>
6. put the key in ignition, turn to postion 1 and turn on the stereo.<br>
7. test drive and see if it works.<br>
<br>
Note: I am not sure if this is how you turn of the variable vol, but it seems to work for me...give it a try, I would hurt. <br>
<br>
<br>
Let me know the results.

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Re: I have to ask.......

I just played around with the button, and all of a sudden it displayed 'muted', drove the car and the variable volume was gone. I got the idea from a post from someone on the becker auto sound board, saying something like pushing and hold the bass/treble button at the same time for 5 secs. (or something like that), ...but that was the process for a becker head unit. So, I figure why not play around with the buttons, and see what happens. The deck in my car is probably made by alpine, so I knew the process was probably going to be different. <br>

1 - 4 of 4 Posts